Dates: June 25-28, 2019
Venue: University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, AR
The youth conference is a four-day, three-night conference designed to broaden the high school student’s understanding of the educational disciplines, scholarship opportunities, careers and industries related to poultry science.
Who can attend and how much is it?
Any high school student with an interest in the biological sciences or a career in the poultry industry may apply to attend. You must receive a signature of recommendation by a high school teacher, counselor, County Extension agent or vocational agriculture instructor. Conference size is limited, so sign up early!
Cost for the conference is only $75.00, which includes your lodging, meals and entertainment.
How do I register?
Once you’ve decided to join us, just follow the simple steps listed below. ?
- Fill out the registration form (DOWNLOAD HERE if you don’t have one)
- Get a teacher, counselor, extension agent or vocational agriculture teacher to sign it
- Attach a check for $75.00 to the form
- Mail it to Gary Davis BY MAY 31 at the address on the bottom of the form
- Get ready to have some fun!
Still want more information? E-mail Gary at email@example.com or call him at (479) 575-7526.
What’s in it for me?
You will get to see what campus life is like at the University of Arkansas by staying in a residence hall, eating the food, going to local restaurants and fun spots, doing hands-on experimentation in a classroom setting, and doing all sorts of things that college students do. In other words, you’ll get to “try us on for size.” Students participating in the program will get to interact informally with faculty and staff and learn about the UA’s Poultry Science Program such as:
- Career fields and areas of opportunity
- Scholarship requirements and availability
- Internships while attending college
- Employment connections upon graduation
- How to apply to college and when
- Anything else you would like to know!
Mentioned in this news release: