A 2 ½ day training program has been specifically designed for those who want to learn more about the design and management of modern poultry houses. The workshop/webinar consists of lectures as well as hands on group exercises designed to help attendees gain a firm understanding of the principles behind hot weather poultry house management.
People are encouraged to register sooner rather than later. The workshop has filled up quickly in the past.
Dates: April 15 to April 17.
• Heat stress and how birds cool themselves
• How bird density affects bird body and target temperatures
• Basic tunnel ventilation system design
• Factors affecting air speed in tunnel houses
• Factors affecting air speed uniformity in tunnel houses
• Tunnel ventilation and static pressure
• Static pressure in tunnel houses
• Tunnel fan selection
• Chicken culture
• Evaporative cooling principles
• The importance of nighttime bird management during hot weather
• Answers to 13 commonly asked questions about evaporative cooling
• Basic tunnel ventilation system operation
• Fan & evaporative cooling system maintenance
• Top ten most important tunnel operation tips
• Evaluating tunnel ventilation system performance
The registration fee of $525 ($425 for in-state) includes continental breakfast, lunch and dinner meals, refreshments, notebooks and other materials. The workshop will begin with registration at 8:00 AM on April 15th and will end at 12:00 PM on the 17th. The cost of the webinar is $125 for 1-4 people on one computer. The cost for 5 or more people is $300. You will receive an email confirming your registration. You will receive all the class notes prior to the workshop. Registration for the webinar is limited.
Mike Czarick (UGA), Dr. Brian Fairchild (UGA),
Dr. Brian Kieper (UGA), Connie Mou (UGA),
Isaac Singletary (Munters), & Dr. John Worley (UGA).
Oconee County Civic Center
2661 Hog Mountain Rd, Watkinsville, GA 30677
A block of rooms has been reserved for our workshop at the Spring Hill Suites by Marriott Athens. This hotel Athens is located on 3500 Daniels Bridge Road, Athens, GA 30606. Guests may call the reservation office at (706) 353-8484 using the group code PVWO or book online at http://bit.ly/2GjX9wr. You must enter this block code online to receive the workshop discount. The rooms at the discounted rate are $119. Please make your own reservations prior to March 25, 2018.
Click here for registration flyer
Click here for webinar/workshop registration site
Click here for hotel registration site