This Layers “Specialized” course is an overview of important infectious and non-infectious diseases at different stages of pullets and layers production. The objective of the WVEPAH education program is to offer a highly specialized training on all specific aspects of layers health; pathology, epidemiology, genetics, nutrition, immunology, management, etc., in a format usable in your daily practice. The course also lays the foundation for more in depth studies on specific subjects covered in follow up courses.
Dates: September 10 – 14 & October 22 – 26, 2018
Location: Shanghai Academy of Agricultural Sciences (SAAS).
Course masters: Greg Cutler (US), Nancy Reimers (US), Eric Gingerich (US), Ian Rubinoff (US), Vincent Guyonnet (CA), Shun Fa Tang (CN), Guanghai Qi (CN), Jinlin Zhou (CN), Mohamed Hafez (DE).
Language: The course will be held with English/Chinese translation.
- Know how to evaluate the birds’ microenvironment in relation to flock health and welfare.
- Gain advanced knowledge relating to mechanisms of disease causation for infectious and non-infectious diseases
- Recognize normal poultry tissues and recognize abnormal poultry tissues, characterize lesions, and interpret their significance.
- Understand modern diagnostic technologies including both field and laboratory diagnostics.
- Plan a logical diagnostic approach to the investigation of disease (including the identification of risk and causative factors of poultry diseases).
- Collect appropriate diagnostic samples and perform relevant diagnostic tests for disease investigation.
- Know how to interpret diagnostic results
- Develop preventive medicine protocols, including biosecurity, coccidiosis, and vaccination
- Apply the judicious use of antibiotic therapy
- Know supportive and alternative forms of treatment against pathogens
For further information, please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org