Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Spices and herbs in broilers nutrition: hot red pepper (Capsicum annuum L.) and its mode of action

Published: December 12, 2016
Summary
Introduction Antibiotics have been widely used in animal production for decades. Although some are used therapeutically to improve the health and wellbeing of animals, most were given for prophylactic purposes and to improve growth rate and FCR efficiency. However, due to the emergence of microbes resistant to antibiotics, which are used to treat human and animal infections, the European Com...
Related topics:
Authors:
Nikola Puvaca
Recommend
Comment
Ismet Mamode
Food & Allied Group of Companies
7 de marzo de 2017
There are spices and herbs which can regulate the gut problem in broilers. But, in industrial feed mill, chemical additives are preferred rather than natural products. The cost is also a constraint. More research is needed to use phytoadditives in broiler diets.
Recommend
Dr. Hana Zakaria
The University of Jordan
7 de marzo de 2017
Thank you for the good work, but I cannot see any table for the results, can you please tell me how I can get it Thank You in advance Dr. Hana Zakaria University of Jordan Animal Production department
Recommend
DVM Stevan Petrović
ADDCON
7 de marzo de 2017

Dear Dr. Puvaca, I was wondering if you used during this trial a special product that contains hot pepper or pure raw materials eg. spicy red pepper that is used in human nutrition.

Thanks in advance for your response.

---------

Dragi doktore Puvaca, interesuje me da li ste prilikom ovog ispitivanja koristili neki posebni proizvod koji u sebi sadrzi ljutu papriku ili cistu sirovinu npr. ljutu crvenu papriku koja se koristi u humanoj ishrani.
Unapred zahvalan na Vasem odgovoru.

Recommend
Silas Prosper
8 de marzo de 2017

Since red hot pepper contains vitamin C, which helps reduce heat stress and also serves bird's growth, can ascorbic photoacid (vitamin C) be use instead of red hot pepper?

Recommend
Dolo Yaya
20 de marzo de 2017
Very good work. In West Africa local farmers used red pepper to treat poultry diseases mainly ND.
Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.