Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Prevention & Control of Poultry Diseases

Published: September 30, 2016
Summary
Prevention  & Control of  Poultry Diseases Prevention and control of poultry diseases is one of the most important factor for the profitability of poultry farming business. This prime fact provides a brief overview of the importance of knowing your cost of production, and benchmarking to monitor business profitability plus how to use financial ratios to gauge future viability. ...
Related topics
Authors:
Rakesh Kumar
Growel Agrovet Private Limited
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
OVERCOMER FEEDS
Overcomer Feeds
4 de octubre de 2016
This piece is quite exhaustive and highly commendable. Kudos!
Dr Kibiike David
10 de octubre de 2016

The other way of insuring that you control disease transmission is by making the space between one batch and the other is not less than 20 meters. This can help you to contain any infection in one place if it comes.

or dip litter system you may need to do regular disinfection with a mild disinfectant even if the birds are in the house, this helps to reduces on the microbial challenges to the bird.

Dr. Ashraf El-Shafie
IFT Corporation
10 de octubre de 2016

Several factors are involved in prevention and control of poultry diseases including: 1st is biosecurity, 2nd vaccination programme and application, 3rd nutrition, 4th management, 5th selection of day old chicken quality, 6th reporting and evaluation of each production cycle.

Mohammed Eraqy
10 de octubre de 2016
The main factor in prevention of poultry diseses is the farm biosecurity plus proper disinfection of the poultry farm after each cycle with the proper disinfectants , and the proper vaccination program based on the epidemiological data of the the most frequent disease ocurrence which differ from one place to another .
Dr. Altaf Gohar Siddiqui
11 de octubre de 2016

An adequate disease prevention program is essential to a profitable commercial poultry operation. Chronic diseases can reduce efficiency and increase costs. Although a disease prevention program may not show immediate returns on the investment, it will be profitable in the long term.
Poor sanitation also can cause disease problems. Once a site is contaminated, carryover from previously infected flocks may become a reoccurring problem.
Proper security measures can greatly reduce the chance of disease outbreaks. Use disinfectant foot baths or wear plastic foot-coverings when entering buildings. Change foot baths often to keep them effective. If you use equipment for more than one flock, wash and disinfect it before introducing another flock or using it in another building.
Disease outbreaks are influenced by the general condition of the flock. Conditions caused by poor management can reduce the flock's resistance to infection.
Only bring in poultry from disease-free flocks. Secure your facilities from wild birds. Don't keep pet birds on the premises, and avoid contact with other flocks.
Practice "all in, all out" with flocks whenever possible. Thorough cleaning and disinfecting between flocks will help reduce outbreaks. Include a period of down time (two weeks minimum) in your flock schedule. Removal of built-up litter may be necessary if a disease outbreak has occurred.
Maintain proper management techniques that do not stress the birds. Good ventilation, dry litter and proper temperatures will provide conditions conducive to good health.
Follow an approved vaccination program.

Onah, Chukwudubem Charles
11 de octubre de 2016
Thank you very much for this nice piece. I also thank all those who have contributed thus far. Believe me, the issue surrounding the prevention and control of poultry diseases depends on a number of things which include but not limited to the following: *the bird type: there is no way you can compare a broiler and a quail in disease resistivity. Quails are generally hardy and can withstand most diseases. In fact, many quail farms I have seen do not even use foot dip (the simplest means of biosecurity). Also, only a few give lasota vaccine to their quails with the reason that quails are hardy. You know you cannot try this in broiler production. *the environment: while a farmer who is in a disease prone area battle with diseases, another farmer who has no disease in his area relaxes and spends less on drugs and vaccination. *the type of disease: this is particularly important as it tells you how to work on your vaccination programme. *the nutrition of the flock: when your birds have a balanced diet, their immune system is enhanced but will be easily attacked by diseases when their immunity level is low. On prevention, the farmer should work on the following: *Nutrition. *Biosecurity. *Quality of the young stock. *Fresh and clean water. *Constant evacuation of the dropoings. *Et cetera. Thank you!
nader ghaleh golab behbahan
23 de octubre de 2016
Dear all Colleagues All comments are valuable, I have a question about controlling of NDV when it strikes a broiler farm over than 100,000 and the vaccination program had included B1+ inactivated NDV. the age of flock is 24 day old and the virus is VVNDV. THnaks
Ismet Mamode
Food & Allied Group of Companies
24 de octubre de 2016
This chapter in itself can be published as a book for poultry veterinarians, technicians and students. It is a very complex topic which includes most aspects of poultry production and health. Each country has its own epidemiological situations and microclimatic conditions. Thus it is good to share the experience and knowledge of each one of us on the subject.
Ayuen Geu Lueth
13 de julio de 2019
Great work guys
Mulenga Amos
10 de agosto de 2019
Control of different poultry diseases
Ayuen Geu Lueth
17 de agosto de 2019
Yes Mr I would like to discuss this issue of prevention & controlled of poultry diseases
SB Group
24 de mayo de 2022
I am very glad to have come across this piece of information. For someone with interest in poultry farming it was indeed very helpful and informative. Enjoyed the article.
khaingzarchithin
11 de enero de 2023
Yes,I would like and thankful to you.I am very gland for this preventation and control of poultry diseases . I 'm know this related about for poultry and I like to your discussions about this topic
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister