Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Poultry Industry in Egypt: Predisposing Factors to Respiratory Infection

Published: June 6, 2017
Summary
Respiratory problems are among the most important problems facing the poultry industry in Egypt. It is the first problem in poultry breeding farms, regardless of the type of poultry reared in these farms (broiler breeders- layer breeders- commercial broilers – commercial layers-native breeds). There are many factors that help to spread these respiratory problems in poultry farms such as: ...
Related topics
Authors:
Khaled Fadlallah
Follow
Influencers who recommended :
Magdy Elkady
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
BAWINDSOMDE OUEDRAOGO
24 de mayo de 2017
Dear Khaled, Thanks a lot for the paper. It was written about Egypt but the advices suit well to our tropical west African farms managing.
Dolo Yaya
24 de mayo de 2017

True words. This article can help several farmers. Thanks a lot

Khaled Fadlallah
25 de mayo de 2017
Dear BAWINDSOMDE OUEDRAOGO Thanks a lot for your gentle word
Khaled Fadlallah
25 de mayo de 2017
Thanks Dolo Yaya You will see that most of my articles was written as a result of my field experince in poultry industry since 1983 the year at which I was graduated as a veterinary doctor
Dolo Yaya
25 de mayo de 2017
Field expérience is the best expérience. Thanks
Tarek eldmrdash
27 de mayo de 2017
thank you
MAHABUB RAHAMAN
2 de julio de 2017
Please sir gout keep level Kutch boleye
MAHABUB RAHAMAN
2 de julio de 2017
Gout treatment medecine say please
Muhammad Imran Minhad
17 de octubre de 2017
MAHABUB RAHAMAN Dear ist u should ruleout the causative factors of gout either its managemental or virual issue. Check the protein,calcium and phosphorous level in the feed. second try to investigate about nephropathogenic strins of ib. Thirdly investigate about chicken astro virus. Fourthly,check the water management inside the house(availability and pressure) Treat the flock according to the causative factors Regards MINHAS
Khaled Fadlallah
2 de julio de 2017
Dear MAHABUB RAHAMAN This topic is dedicated to the Predisposing Factors to Respiratory Infection . We can write another article about gout
Muhammad Imran Minhad
17 de octubre de 2017
Great dr khaled Really at everyplaces specially in developing countries,poultry industry are facing the same issues. Highly appreciated for highlighting these important issues
Mohammad Nazrul Islam
19 de octubre de 2017
I just would like to add another factor which is immune suppressive diseases like IBD, CAV etc causing increased susceptibility of respiratory diseases. Kind regards, Dr. Mohammad Nazrul Islam. Senior Manager, Central poultry lab, kazi farms Group , Bangladesh
Tarusenga Munyanyi
20 de octubre de 2017

When chicks are hatched they are clean from any bacterial, viral, protozoa and free of Co2 and ammonia. It is only when they are exposed to the environment, which is contaminated, that you see them developing problems of diseases, metabolic problems and nutritional problems. So it is important to hatch in a clean, disease-free hatchery, packed in clean boxes, transported to the farm in clean trucks and at the farm, the brooder should be clean warm and well ventilated. This will reduce high mortality, subclinical diseases, clinical diseases and stunted growth.

Hollick
21 de octubre de 2017

Tarusenga Munyanyi

Thanks so much for the information. It is of importance to our farmers and myself.
We are all new in hatchery industry.

Fazal Malik Malik
22 de octubre de 2017

Tarusenga Munyanyi, thanks for your good comment about chicks hatchery packing and even up to brooding but great care during rearing to reduced mortality even to reduced medicine cost to up to culling.

Muhammad Imran Minhad
7 de noviembre de 2017
Tarusenga Munyanyi no doubt hatchery sanitation has its own importance but wht will be ur strategy if parent flock is mg positive.vertical transmission can't check via this hatchery sanitation except to reduce its effects in firld.mycoplasmic birds can be easily diagnosed even at placement time by cloudy and sometime yellow cheesy exudate in airsac after 2/3 days.this one is my personal experience and i found all these sign symptoms after postmortem. Mycoplasmosis mist treat with good antimycoplasmic drug like tilmicoasin which have good absorption.second mangement of that flock in smooth way to avoid any stress factor matters a lot. Good antiimycoplasmic drug course in routine and specially before and after respiratory vaccine should be given to minimise challenge and stress Hope this can help
IGANYA SAMSON
25 de octubre de 2017

There is need to ensure the hatchable eggs are pathogen free too because some causative agent of respiratory diseases are transovarially transmitted.

Nabil Tanios
26 de octubre de 2017

I can add another important factor that is the used of the lentogenic respiratory viral vaccines, especially for ND and IB. Presence of Mycoplasma in newly hatched chicks aggravate the postvaccinal reactions even with weak live vaccine. Forementioned the use of antimycoplasma after live vaccines could alleviate one of the predisposing factors for the dilemma of complicated respiratory diseases in commercial poultry flocks. Thank you.

Khaled Fadlallah
26 de octubre de 2017
nabil tanios Thanks for this useful addition
Lawal Sesan
28 de octubre de 2017
After taking the necessary precautions in the hatchery i.e using pathogen free eggs then when the chicks gets to the farm the necessary drugs in water should also be followed by hygiene. These two steps will go a long way.
Danka Maslic-Strizak
1 de noviembre de 2017
Poultry with mycoplasmas should be given anti-mycoplasma agents two days before and two days after vaccination against IB and ND.
Muhammad Imran Minhad
7 de noviembre de 2017
November 7, 2017 Tarusenga Munyanyi no doubt hatchery sanitation has its own importance but wht will be ur strategy if parent flock is mg positive.vertical transmission can't check via this hatchery sanitation except to reduce its effects in firld.mycoplasmic birds can be easily diagnosed even at placement time by cloudy and sometime yellow cheesy exudate in airsac after 2/3 days.this one is my personal experience and i found all these sign symptoms after postmortem. Mycoplasmosis mist treat with good antimycoplasmic drug like tilmicoasin which have good absorption.second mangement of that flock in smooth way to avoid any stress factor matters a lot. Good antiimycoplasmic drug course in routine and specially before and after respiratory vaccine should be given to minimise challenge and stress Hope this can help
Sachin Patil
Huvepharma
10 de noviembre de 2017

Dear All,
Very good topic for discussion as this is very severe problem in India as well, Here I would like to add some important true facts about Avian Mycoplasma
a. Its a Intracellular inhabitant in body so it required special group of antibiotic like Macrolide(Tylosin & Tilmicosin) and Pluromutilin (Tiamulin Hydrogen Fumarate) group those having penetration power to invade MG & MS intracellularaly.
b.Any flock infected with mycoplasma it will remain infected for life.
c. People are vaccinating by MG & MS vaccine, but truly speaking in case of mycoplasma its vertically transmitting then whats the use of vaccine when flock infected vertically, again some peoples are recommending for the treatment with antimycoplasmal drug before vaccination. So basic thumb rule for any kind of vaccination is the birds should be free from that disease. Here the things are questionable?
d.mycoplasma having synergy with IB virus for the disease aggrevation.
e.Hence its intracellular its producing cellular immunity not the humoral immunity hence its producing less Ag_Ab reaction and less response to vaccination.
Thanks,
Dr Sachin Patil,
Senior Technical Manager
India

anup kumar shawarn
9 de abril de 2018
Dear sir, i ask you what is medicine of CRD Deases
Sataluri Satagopa Raja Ayyangar
Synergy Biorefineries Pvt
10 de noviembre de 2017

I would like to suggest to all that we are forgetting the natural curing with essential oils like clove oil, sacred Tulasi oil, garlic and other herbals, which improve immune system with gut health. One has to try and expose the results in view of our future generations health. Thanking you all.

Badal Singh
12 de noviembre de 2017
Great dr khaled Great information for predisposing factor in winters problem B/c same condition are seen in Northern region of India Thanks
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister