Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Mycoplasma combined with Salmonella in rearing

Published: December 19, 2014
By: Mike Gabler

Hi everyone, I have a farm with 20,000 laying hens which are 16 weeks of age. Two weeks ago, an outbreak of mycoplasma emerged with high mortality (70-80 birds per day) and now Salmonella has been confirmed by lab with a mortality of 200 birds per day. From your experience, which combination of antibiotic has given you the best results? Antibiogram is underway, but I must start medicating. Thank you

Related topics
Authors:
Mike Gabler
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Dr. Zoltan Friedman
20 de diciembre de 2014
Enrofloxacin is agood solution for Mycoplasma end Sallmionella
Priyantha dolawatta
20 de diciembre de 2014
For mycoplasma give tiamuline treatment level 03 days then start with gentamycine injection im.
Dr.imran Maan
21 de diciembre de 2014
Dear, In 16th week or more age we have to treat in safe mode 1. Add tylosin in feed 2, add organic acids in feed
Aoun Khan
21 de diciembre de 2014

At present, treat flock with Florfenicol for 3 days, organic acids must also be given in water. If pure Florfenicol is used 20-30 gm per 200ltrs of water, use tylosin tartrate in feed for 2-3 days after every 4 weeks for complete protection of the flock. seversge system must be guarded strictly use dettol (chlorxylenol ) as hand dip after using washroom. foot dips of phenols should use animal's source of protein in poultry feed must stop as they are source of salmonella in birds. 

Juvy Lago
22 de diciembre de 2014
Medicate orally with tylosin or tiamullin or enrofloxacin for 5days. 2days after in-feed medicate oxytetracycline for 7days because MG tend to re-infect the flock.
Dr. Arshaq A Ramzee
22 de diciembre de 2014
Mycoplasma combined with other bacteria such as Salmonella, then infection is called CRD complex, which is generally take more time to treat with specific antibiotics. In this case i recommend tylosine both in feed and water + Amoxicillin through water for at least 7 days would help to combat CRD complex.
Mike Gabler
23 de diciembre de 2014
Thank you everyone for all your comments!
Santiago Sievert Garcia
29 de enero de 2015
I agree to the use of enrofloxacine to combat Mycoplasmas and salmonellas. First 48 hours of a chick's life will give the chicks a good start for later Salmonella and/or Mycoplasma challenge. But you should investigate how these microorganisms got into your flock. While Salmonellas are ubiquitous, these can be controlled through effective biosecurity measures, farm layouts (distance between adjacent houses), water treatment facilities, biosecurity on feed source and delivery, and personnel movement.
Paul Kaggwa
29 de enero de 2015
I strongly agree. i tried it out fro the first 48 hours on two batches from MG +ve flocks. Both flock's tasted -ve on serologies. Other customers placed on the dates tried feed treatments but this did not surpress symtoms
Dr. Asif Javaid
Ghazi Brothers
29 de enero de 2015
Go for tiamuline hydrogen fumarate water soluble along with florofenicol and after 5days of administration go for formic acid in water.
Kabir Ahmed Chohan
30 de enero de 2015
Use tylosin and doxycycline according to weight of bird. + enrofloxaxin/cipro or tribrissin depending on.the history of antibiotic used in flock. To compensate respiration add aminophylline to compensate respiration. CFM to reduce toxicity and toxemia and vitamin C to strengthen the heart muscles and reducing the rate of as cites in flock.
Oumed M Amin
30 de enero de 2015
First we must type the isolated salmonella spp if it poultry specific no problem otherwise the flock should be condemned as eggs are not suitable for human use!!
Honorio Moreyra Villar
30 de enero de 2015
Considerando que es una infección crónica mixta con lesiones caseosas internas (Micoplasmosis + Salmonelosis + Colibacilosis), recomiendo inyectar por vía subcutánea, en el cuello, una solución a base de Tartrato de Tilosina + Sulfato de Gentamicina. Si persiste la mortalidad repetir la misma solución 7 días después. Le aseguro los resultados serán contundentes.
Sudhakar Chousalkar
Exotic Biosolutions
31 de enero de 2015
I also agree with Dr.Garccia's opinion.This should be followed by Nucleotides through drinking water for two weeks to repair the damged cells and to develop strong immunity. Dr.S.S.Chousalkar,Mumbai,India.
Dr. Rakesh  Nimbalkar
31 de enero de 2015
In my opinion combination of gut actingantibiotic like levofloxacin and antibiotics which acts on alveolar level in lungs like tilmicosin along with gut acidifier can protect affected flock followed by course of pre and probiotics to establish beneficial microflora (Healthy microbial population ) Tiamulin Hydrogen fumarate works better as preventive medicine . Thanks With Regards Dr Rakesh Nimbalkar Polchem Hygiene Laboratories Private Limited Pune - India
Dr. Venkatachalam Ramaswamy
31 de enero de 2015
Complicated CRD usually do not respond to drugs if not initiated early. If the infections have been curtailed , better test the layers around a week before laying for both of these pathogenic bacteria , may be by Rapid palte agglutination test or by other suitable test. If found positive for Salmonella species that are communicable to man, start treating again as eggs may have Salmonella by vertical or even horizontal transmission
Mustafa Mohammed Abdul Aziz
31 de enero de 2015
With respect to all of your opinions I have different first I am doubt about diagnosis because never mycoplasma Causing mortality 100 from 20000 birds per day Salmonella also it is more important to know which salmonella Is it enteritidis or pullorum , some serotypes eradication best solution but if just group c also will not cause such high mortality Enrofloxacin products inhibited in most of the countries So my advise to have more details of diagnosis
ajoy chandra roy
1 de febrero de 2015
in case of organic broiler production how can we minimize ecoli.salmonella and mycoplasma without antibiotic
Juvy Lago
1 de febrero de 2015
in case of organic chicken, building higher resistance is your only weapon since no antibiotics allowed. in my case i use probiotics with yeast Cw daily for few hours. of course follow strict biosecurity.
Himanshu   Kumar
Zydus Animal Health Limited
2 de febrero de 2015
To contain mortality first injection of amikacin and tylosin tartrate 2 shots followed by tiamulin @ 40 mg/kg B.wt.I doubt enrfloxacin will respond to this stage. Acidifer to be used both feed and water Dr.Himanshu Kumar GPM Zydus AH Ahmedabad
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister