Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Infectious bursal disease virus – addressing the global industry challenge from a different angle

Published: January 16, 2017
Summary
Infectious bursal disease (also known as IBD, Gumboro Disease, Infectious Bursitis and Infectious Avian Nephrosis) is a highly contagious disease of young chickens caused by infectious bursal disease virus (IBDV), characterized by immunosuppression and mortality generally at 3 to 6 weeks of age. The disease was first discovered in the USA, near the town of Gumboro, Delaware in 1962. It is econo...
Related topics:
Authors:
Ivan Gospodinov
Vilofoss
Recommend
Comment
Khaled Fadlallah
5 de abril de 2017

What is the chemical composition of Stalosan F ?

Recommend
Plamen Nikolov
Vilofoss
12 de abril de 2017
It is a mixture of minerals.
Recommend
Khaled Fadlallah
12 de abril de 2017
Dr. Plamen I asked you about the chemical composition of Stalosan F . You said it is a mixture of minerals OK. what are these minerals ?What are their concentration in the product ? Dr. Plamen I think you agree with me that when I'm going to use a new product I must know all data about the product. Finally it is a big honor to me to know your agent in Egypt.
Recommend
Plamen Nikolov
Vilofoss
12 de abril de 2017
Dear Dr. Khaled, I appreciate your interest in our product indeed. For the moment you cannot use Stalosan F in Egypt. Sorry. We are in a process of registration and I will inform you when it is complete or you will hear about it. With this regard I would like to postpone my answer, regarding composition, moreover we consider it as a sensitive information. Hope you understand my concerns?
Recommend
Mustafa Ezat
Mustafa Ezat
20 de abril de 2017

Dear: DR. Plamen
Thank you for your information. 
i have one question about Stalosan F application in poultry farms . spray on litter during live birds inside houses, also need details about composition available in Saudi Arabia or not.

Recommend
Plamen Nikolov
Vilofoss
20 de abril de 2017
Dear Dr. Ezat, Thank you for your comments. Unfortunately I do not have any experience with the legal requirements in Saudi Arabia. We are not presented there yet. For the rest of the world hazard statement and precaution measures on the label are required. In order to have approved H/P label statements, during the registration process we present product toxicity studies. Hope I answered your question?
Recommend
Narayan Banik
21 de abril de 2017

Dear Dr Nikolov
Thank you so much for valuable information regarding Stalosan F. We are facing trouble to control Vv ibdv in Bangladesh. I'm interested to know that chemical is available in Bangladesh. If not, how we can get it?

Recommend
Plamen Nikolov
Vilofoss
21 de abril de 2017
Dear Dr. Banik, Thank you for your kind comments. For the moment Stalosan F is not available in Bangladesh. I am not sure you can get it from another country without local registration? I would like to add some more comments - for sure Stalosan F is very effective product, but most important is the complete biosecurity system to protect animal health and insure sustainable production.
Recommend
Dr. G. Vijay Kumar
22 de abril de 2017

Thank you Dr. for the info. Is this product available in India? If so, where and with whom?

Thank you,
Dr. G. V. Kumar
Hyderabad,
India

Recommend
Youssef
Youssef
24 de abril de 2017
Dear. ..When we study the main causes of deaths during Gumboro disease we found that not nephritis nor bleeding time is the main causes of deaths we found excessive amount of interluken and other immunological reaction is the main cause of deaths so shivering and viremia is the main symptoms in diseases folled by colder sense of chick and when use antihistamines in treating chichi it's allowed very good results in treatment
Recommend
Muhammad Saifullah
25 de abril de 2017

IBD is an immunosuppressant disease... Cause bursa is involved.... And if lesions are not seen on bursa than it should be on thigh muscle nd chest muscle...

Recommend
Dr.ramesh K
26 de abril de 2017
I don't is an immunosuppression disease, 1. What type of vaccine used. 2. Vaccination procedure and maintain of cold chain. 3 Use immuno booster through feed or water during vaccination.
Recommend
cherukuri choudary
2 de mayo de 2017

To prevent outbreaks of Gumboro in chicks, two times vaccination with intermediate plus vaccines one at 14 days of age other at 23 days of age is sufficient. It is advised to give one product like Immutos in drinking water for 3 days 1 day before and 2 days after vaccination to give better immunity. Further in case of any disease symptoms such as bursal enlargement hemorrhages on thighs breast muscles heart etc. only give jaggery in drinking water at the rate of 250 grams per 1000 chicks for 5 days, which is sufficient to completely subside the symptoms.

Recommend
Dr. G. Vijay Kumar
2 de mayo de 2017

Dr. Choudary,
Thanks for your vaccine schedule and other details to control IBD. I feel the flock history should be taken into account before finalizing the vaccine schedule for IBD. If there is any history of IBD outbreaks at the farm, depending on the age of outbreaks, if vaccine schedule is finalized, that would be more practical as a generalized schedule may not apply in such cases.This is my opinion only.

Recommend
cherukuri choudary
2 de mayo de 2017

Dear Dr. Vijaya Kumar, I have seen your comments. The schedule of vaccination I mentioned is after my experience with the disease in mainly in and around Hyderabad farms since last 25 years. One can boldly follow the schedule without any apprehension. With regards.

Recommend
Hafiz Saddam Hussain
6 de mayo de 2017

Dear Dr. Cherukuri Choudary, what will you say about 0 day injection of Transmune or Bursaplex?

Recommend
Enslie Jacoba Marais
10 de mayo de 2017
Dear Dr. Cherukuri Choudary, or what would you say about day old injection (vaccination) with Vaxxitek?
Recommend
Zargham Khan
11 de mayo de 2017
Dr. Choudary vaccination schedule is OK for the areas where vvIBD is endemic. The first vaccination may be replaced with D-78 in areas of lesser severity. the disease course is only 6-8 days. with maximum mortality on days 3/4 and it gradually decreases with almost no mortality on day 7/8. A typical IBD will disappear on day 7/8, however, due to its immunosuppressive effects, it may continue as some other disease like ND, ICH, HPS etc. In clinical disease condition one may give a vitamin/mineral solution at low doses in drinking water. What is jaggery and its composition? Does it treat the birds suffering from IBD or is just a vita-mineral supplement?
Recommend
Antonio C. Lubao
11 de mayo de 2017

Thank you for your post on IBD. I am a breeder of game cocks. I have a bad experience with IBD. Do you have an agent of Stalosan F here in the Philippines?

Recommend
Dr RKS BAIS
12 de mayo de 2017
I am a poultry breeder. Presently working on ducks.
Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.