Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Impact of QX serotype of infectious bronchitis virus on reproductive sysytem

Published: January 12, 2015
By: Reza Tavayef

Does anybody have any experience or scientific data about IBV QX serotype involvement of layers and breeders during rearing period and production period on reproductive system? Can QX infection in 10 weeks of age make negative effects on reproductive system (e.g. lower peak) in the production period?

Related topics
Authors:
Reza Tavayef
MSD - Merck Animal Health
Recommend
Comment
Dr. Beny Perelman
15 de enero de 2015
Dear Dr. The new IB variants such as the QX like and Variant 2, are well known to cause serious problems on the reproductive tracts of layers and breeders when infected at young age or during the laying period. pullets infected even after 5 weeks and older may have a serious reduction in the egg production peak and in some cases the typical oviduct cysts can be observed. in order to control the damage caused by QX IB viruses you must use IB vaccines containing QX like virus or 973B like (233A or 4-91) these vaccines of 973 B group when applied at day one and 14 will provide protection to early infections even with the QX like viruses. in order to get an acceptable protection against the QX like you have to apply the 973B vaccines twice (1 day and 14 days) good luck Dr.Beny P
Recommend
Dr. Himanshu Kumar
Zydus Animal Health Limited
16 de enero de 2015
undoubtedly it's a dreaded disease takes heavy toll and hit hard the production and the layers and breeders can be silent producer. I do believe the vaccine used way back on 14 day may not give a decent protection. For this same sake the vaccine after an interval of 4 week upto 14 weeks need to be practiced.
Recommend
Syed Maqsood Haider Jaffery
16 de enero de 2015
No doubt it is important and disease both by mortality & economic point of view. Variants for IB are different at different locations of world. It is required that identification of type of IB virus prevlant through lab ( PCR etc) should be identified so that real relevant type of vaccine is given for proper protection. In addition strict biosecurity along with maintainance of air quality & quantity optimum through proper operation of ventilation. Here minimum ventilation is more important because for maintaining /conserving of house temperature ventilation is at least level. If not properly managed/ designed minimum ventilation, balance of ammonia, CO2, oxygen & other abnoxious gases shall not be maintained at appropriate /required level. It indirectly helps disease establishment.
Recommend
Mousa Mayah
17 de enero de 2015
hello dr,i have experience about QX virus incidence in broiler farm,whether is it possible or i might have mistaken?
Recommend
Badal Singh
17 de enero de 2015
No doubt it cause mutch losses in production and mortality in layer flock, I think vaccine for QX is given around 30 day old .
Recommend
Mousa Mayah
18 de enero de 2015
I know this virus usually causes bronchitis in layer and breeder but I believe it also does infection in broiler
Recommend
Reza Tavayef
18 de enero de 2015
Dear Friends, Thank you so much for your comments. I want to know your idea about buying 15 weeks of age pullets which they have been involved with IB QX strain when they were 10 weeks of age? Can it make any problem in the production phase or it doesn't have any effects on reproductive system (pathogenicity of QX after 10 weeks of age on oviduct)?
Recommend
Dr Irfan Noor
SB Feed
26 de enero de 2015
Last year i experienced an IB breakout on a broiler house adjacent to Layer Farm (8 wk Age). Signs appeared just after administration of 4/91 IB Vacc. In broiler it caused about 6% mortality & same time Layer birds also showed respiratory signs but with little mortality . Now that flock is at 38 wk Age but production is 83% with peak around 86%. This indicates that variant (QX or 4/91) do have a impact on layer performance if it occurs in early stages.
Recommend
Fiazfarid
28 de enero de 2015
I have a question, After the outbreak of disease infectious bronchitis in the layer at the age of 8 weeks.. is it possible that now this time sufficient amount of recepters are present there for the QX serotype vaccine for protection against IB virus...? and How you can say that the birds show good performance against 83 % egg production?
Recommend
Reza Tavayef
28 de enero de 2015
Thank you Dr Noor. I agree with you and I had an experience like as you but I couldn't confirm that drop in production is related to QX in the production phase (lower peak than normals). This is why I want to know if others in the world have seen such a problem in layers or not? Dear Dr Farid, I think there must be IB receptors in oviduct all ages of the chicken, otherwise IB can't affect reproductive system in laying period and then can't decrease production rate. But most important point for protection is local immunity in upper respiratory system which is the first gate for entering IBV to the body (after multiplication there the virus can reach to the other organs). However IBV can be detected in GIT for long time after vaccination or infection. Then anytime for immunity you can vaccinate birds preferably by eye drop or spray route with considering many items like as amount of ammonia gas in the house, dust, any respiratory signs, production percentage, temperature and humidity, immunity suppressors like as mycotoxins and stressors). With drinking water route also some of the viruses can reach to the URS through palatine and laryngeal clefts.
Recommend
Mousa Mayah
28 de enero de 2015
hello my teacher dr tavayef,in your view can,t QX virus impact urinary tract in laying period,subsequently it can,t decrease egg production?
Recommend
Dr Wisal M.Khan
28 de enero de 2015
Hello Dear Friends a lot has been written about IBQX i will simply say that it has nothing to do with Ventilation /Management etc the first thing is good biosecurity of the farm and its premises ... Location of the Farm , for a Flock of 15 wks better to vaccinate it now if not done if done then ok / in the area where it appears /signs or problem started then in the next flock vaccination should be consider in the program and it should be done before 8 wks and no late then 10 wks. IB 4/91 gives some cross protection for it and reduce its impact s . for any other detailed information Please read more for it on the following links ...http://www.worldpoultry.net/Broilers/Health/2014/8/First-IBQX-vaccine-for-the-UK-poultry-industry-1573578W/ http://www.infectious-bronchitis.com/ibv-netherlands-d388.asp Thanks and Regards
Recommend
DR K SENTHIL KUMAR
28 de enero de 2015
What is the role of Ma5 live vaccine here in laying farms and Ib -Killed Vaccine ( Mass + Nephro type ) Segment in growers.
Recommend
Borzoo Noorbakhshnia
11 de mayo de 2015
IB variants such as QX and Variant 2, are well known to cause serious problems on the reproductive tracts of layers and breeders when infected at young age or during the laying period. dr tavayef aziz salam arz mikonam
Recommend
dotore
23 de junio de 2015
Does the IB Qx (Pfzier) vaccine workk via drinking water? The prospect is via aerosol. Thank you.
Recommend
Rafay
10 de diciembre de 2022

I am facing QX problem now what should i do to get my flog in normal condition. Should i do the vaccine?

Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.