Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Best probiotics and prebiotics in poultry nutrition

Guillermo Tellez: "The combination of lactobacillus and DFM could give us the best of both worlds"

Published: April 7, 2017
Summary
Q: How relevant are probiotics and prebiotics in the poultry industry right now? A: At this time, they are very important because they are alternatives to antibiotics. The worldwide situation, with the appearance of pathogenic strains of E. Coli, Salmonella, Campylobacter and other enteropathogens, is alarming in terms that these bacteria are appearing and have shown resistance to al...
Related topics
Authors:
Dr. Guillermo Tellez-Isaias
University of Arkansas (USA)
Recommend
Comment
Marvin E. Calderon
10 de abril de 2017
The cost of prebiotics is higher than antibiotics as prophylactic. In your experience, are markets around the world paying more for meat Raised without Antibiotics?
Recommend
10 de abril de 2017

Absolutely, that is precisely how Brazil became the number 1 export chicken meat country in the world, by listening to the demands of Europe, Middle East, and Asian countries. Even here in the USA, things are changing rapidly. In Latin America, things are moving slowlier, but our world is changing. Some day, petroleum will not longer be used in our cars, and our children will not be bombarded with antibiotics to cure common colds. Slowly, inch by inch, but we will get there.

Recommend
usama rasheed
Nawan Laboratories PVT (Ltd)
11 de abril de 2017

Very helpful for me.
Sir, if you have any research work related to probiotic+prebiotic use in poultry, kindly share it with me. I am looking forward for your positive reply.

Recommend
11 de abril de 2017
Done, please confirmed me if you got the files, best regards, Memo
Recommend
Allen Byrd
USDA - United States Department of Agriculture
11 de abril de 2017
Yes sir!
Recommend
Oyekanmi Olufemi David
18 de abril de 2017
Thanks for the article sir. its educative and mind opening.i will appreciate if you can share more research work that can be applicable in the tropics with me sir
Recommend
Ing. Dragan Ionut
19 de abril de 2017

Thank you very much for your article.
Please tell me if what are a difference between water administration of probiotics and feed administration of probiotics.
How is the best way to administrate the probiotics: water or feed?

In water, the dosing of the probiotics are very precisely. Perfect doze, perfect time. In feed , the dosing can be perfect but the time is relative - you can take feed from feedmill once for one week - the time of probiotic administration is not too long ? How many days do you recommend to administrate lactobacillus and enterococcus?
Thank you.

Recommend
Muahmmad Zeshan Aslam
19 de abril de 2017

Good information, but what about use of Bacillus subtillis over lactobacillus?

Recommend
Henry Obichukwu
20 de abril de 2017
You are absolutely correct. I worked on combination of probiotic strain last year and the result was quite encouraging. Thank you Sir, for the sharing.
Recommend
Dr.M.Shahid Zahoor
21 de abril de 2017
Please guide about the right time of lactobacillus administration in broiler... At which age of broiler When we start..
Recommend
Dolo Yaya
21 de abril de 2017
Thanks, this publication is very interesting. It is better to start change today. The future is now. Dr Dolo
Recommend
ALLEN OLUFEMI .G
7 de agosto de 2017

Thanks for the article, please can you educate more about DFM and its use in broiler chicken.

Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.