Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

vaccination in poultry industry

Vaccination in Poultry

Published: May 21, 2012
Summary
Introduction Disease prevention through vaccination is one of the aspects of bio-security. Disease causing organisms can be classified as smallest to largest - viruses, mycoplasma, bacteria, fungi, protozoa and parasites. All these organisms are susceptible to chemotherapy, except viruses. Bacterial infections are controlled through antibiotics but not much medication is available to fight vir...
Related topics
Authors:
Dr. Madeha Untoo
Follow
Tufail Banday
Sher-e-Kashmir University of Agricultural Sciences and Technology of Kashmir
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Ayele Taye
23 de mayo de 2012

Can you tell me something about thermo-stable vaccine? because,maintaining cold-chain is sometimes difficult here in least developed countries like Ethiopia. so, the role of thermo-stable vaccine is critically important.

Maqsood Jaffery
24 de mayo de 2012

Really good & comprehensive article. It will particularly help in effective immunisation of poultry against high peeve lance of disease.

Dr. Rahul Hardas
1 de junio de 2012
Recently a concept of Tabic vaccine has been brought and according to company they are very stable vaccines as compared to old vial vaccines which requires a constant cold chain though the Tabic vaccine to require but temperature variation can be handled as per company. The only company in India is the sarabhai zydus they have tabic vaccine of ND (30) and IBD (40 C) stable at temperature as per literature available to me also they are placed in a nitrogen sealed capsule effervescence which can be easily dissolved an disposed of with no side effect on environment.
Richard Jones
University of Liverpool
4 de junio de 2012
The information on IB is completely out of date. It does not mention variant viruses or vaccines at all.
Tarusenga Munyanyi
6 de junio de 2012

vaccination and biosecurity play any important role in poultry production.If you vaccinate birds that are in a contaminated envroment it will useless as this will increase your mortality and poor performance of the whole flock leading to stunted growth and low returns in your enterprise.Before vaccination make sure you are vaccinating health flock and correct vaccine and correct age of vaccination.Vaccines are not all made for all arears in world but are made based on the epidemiology and out breaks of the disease in a particular area .so dont introduce vaccines that are not a problem in your area/ flock

Sreenivasa Bharath
6 de junio de 2012
it's a nice article, prof's have made the paper interesting, short and very informative. we will be expecting more in the future thanks a lot
Syed Abdul Basit
11 de junio de 2012

good article thank you very much on your effort ,but in disease preasure of newcastle in broiler chicks which vaccine they should use

Natsa Peter
19 de junio de 2012

this is a good article that will help the poultry industry to improve in their production. but disease like mareks why can it be given booster.

Abid Hussain
11 de julio de 2012

It is written in this article that Vaccination of poultry younger than 10 days (5-7days) of age cannot be expected to produce uniform or lasting immunity, even in the absence of maternal immunity. Exception is that vaccination for Mareks disease is ordinarily given on the day of hatch.

I want to share one thing that there is a vector vaccine against IBD that is administered in day old broiler chicks.It produces immunity through out the birds life.Even the titre cross 6 at 3rd week from administration.

Safdar Javed
13 de julio de 2012

Here in Pakistan,farmers get vaccination at hatchery,through spray method,( nd+ib) become satisfied that i have done my vaccination at hatchery,but u claim that vaccination b4 10 days does not produce uniform & good immunity,can u add up me that vaccination at zero day is feasible,although soon after vaccination bird have to travel to farm ,in my opinion traveling is great stress for bird, &vaccine done is eliminated during traveling stress,any body can correct my concept,thanks

Abid Shah
13 de julio de 2012

Vaccine done is not eliminated during travelling. This is the type of vaccine done that shows good or bad results.
Vector vaccine is a special type of vaccine done on day zero. It does not interfere with maternal antibodies.therefore the titre goes upto (6.5) on 3rd week.There is no need to revaccinate the bird throughout its life.
So far vector vaccine of IBD is available in Pakistan.This vaccine has shown tremendous results.This is aqueous based vaccine and given through S/C route.
Vector vaccines of ND or IB are not available in Pakistan. Thats why vaccines against these two diseases have poor results.Out break of ND or IB occurs inspite of spray at hatchey.

Kumar Paudel
19 de julio de 2012

i want to comment on things.
1) I am from Nepal and here we vaccinate broiler and layer birds before day 10 against IBH and ND, and in both the cases the number of outbreaks is reduced. what may me the logic behind that??
2) According the author vaccination during outbreaks of ILT and Fowl Pox are beneficial. I have never practiced vaccination during such outbreaks but in case of ND, live F or B1 strain oral vaccination is very effective and popular here. why vaccination of sick birds produces immunity?

Dr S R Anand
6 de diciembre de 2012

Vaccination with B1 or lasota works on the principal of receptar blakade at the cellular level and is quite effective in controlling the Newcastle diease. Vaccination with a F Pox vaccine during a F pox outbreak is also effective in reducing the intensity of the diease.

Dr. S.R.Anand
Anand Poultry Diagnostic Centre.
Anand 388001

Dr.dipanjal Kakoti
Anthem Cellutions Pvt Ltd
2 de abril de 2013

Its a nice and informative article, hope to have more of such articles in future.

Muditha Kodituwakku
2 de abril de 2013

Would you please comment the followings:

1. What is the role of disease spreading by back yard poultry (esp NCD)?
2. Can we reduce outbreaks with NCD vaccination to Backyard poultry?
3. What could be the storage temparature of NCD vaccine, is it differ with different manufacturer or same for all?

Dr.M.Kodituwakku
Sri Lanka

Tarusenga Munyanyi
20 de mayo de 2013
no addition to this article it well documented thanks for the update informative information it has opened our rusting brains and short cuts
Kumar Paudel
30 de mayo de 2013
what if we start with LaSota strain on 5-7 day age for broiler and/or layer?? some farmers are using LaSota strain on day 5 of age Dr. Kumar Paudel Nepal
Muhammad Asif Raza
4 de octubre de 2013
sucsesfull vaccination is the only practice to give protection against diseases.Proper time and technique should be apply for vaccines to get a good results.
Hanceberty Mwansasu
28 de diciembre de 2013
Thanks for your informations concerning to vaccination that you provided to me,since am still your student and i will continue learning and exchanging ideas with you.thanks
Vasif Safarov
29 de diciembre de 2013
Hello dear collegues. I would like to discuss with about zero titers and low titers(HI) after vaccination with Lasota and Clon79 strain. What do you think? - 0 titer- is duty cell-mediated immunity or bad vaccination?
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister