Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Understanding and Control of Gangrenous Dermatitis in Poultry Houses

Published: June 23, 2008
Summary
Description Gangrenous dermatitis (GD) sometimes seems to occur almost spontaneously in birds 4-8 weeks of age. GD is also known as “gangrenous cellulitis,” “wing rot” or “red leg.” GD usually starts with the appearance of small pimples on the skin, soon progressing to involve large areas. Birds with GD have moist raw or dark areas where the underlying muscles are exposed. The breast, wings, ...
Related topics
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Sudhakar Chousalkar
Exotic Biosolutions
24 de junio de 2008
I remember I read an article on the use of Bacillus subtillis microbial culture to prevent and treat gangrenus dermatitis with excellent results. Can some reader throw light in this matter? Dr.S.S.Chousalkar, INDIA
Samuel Mwangi
Samuel Mwangi
25 de junio de 2008
I liked very much your input on this case as I have come across it. I saw another case whereby the skin around the vent had erosions which oozed a brownish exudate, then later formed scabs. This predisposed the birds to vent pecking which spread to become cannibalism. I don't know if it's the same case or what?
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister