Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Status of Indigenous Village Chicken Production and poultry production in ethiopia

The Status of Indigenous Village Chicken Production and Marketing System in Ethiopia

Published: October 25, 2012
Summary
1. INTRODUCTION The world poultry population has been estimated to be about 16.2 billion, with 71.6 % in developing countries, producing 67, 718,544 metric tons of chicken meat and 57,861,747 metric tons of hen eggs (Gueye, 2005).  In  Africa,  village  poultry  contributes  over  70%  of  poultry  products  and  20%  of  an...
Related topics
Authors:
Bushra Badhaso
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Sikholiwe Dube
19 de febrero de 2013

The topic is well discussed. Thank you so much for providing me with the viable information which really helped me in my compilation of my Literature Review (chapter two of my dissertation). I am looking forward for more detailed information on the role of Indigenous Knowledge Systems in Indigenous chicken production.

Thank you for your cooperation!

Mohamed Elkhatim
10 de junio de 2013
Thanks for good and important work which we need in or local universites to improve our indigenous chicken production by colecting information and solveing proplems .
Isaac Freestyl
20 de septiembre de 2013
I appreciate all the authors of this article. God bless you so much. is it ok to post any other article of such relationship from another country?
zemedkun diffe
21 de agosto de 2014
thanks very much for more u give the information shared that helps me for my writing of poultry reference book for my students but still i need detail information on characterization of local breeds of Ethiopian chicken
wario duba
8 de mayo de 2017

Thank you very much for your good work. Please bushra, could you help me on proposal writing?

Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister