Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Broiler Farming

A Pocket Guide to Broiler Management

Published: July 11, 2012
Summary
Broiler Farming Broilers are chicken raised specially for meat production. Broilers are typically the cross bred of Plymouth Rock and Cornish. Poultry meat is an important source of high quality proteins, minerals, and vitamin to balance the human diet.  Advantage of Broiler Farming Initial investment is a little lower than layer farming. Rearing Period is 6-7 weeks only. More Num...
Related topics
Authors:
Farhan Ali
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Abid Shah
11 de julio de 2012

Mr.Farhan the vaccination schedule you pasted is not applicable in Pakistan.Learn about transmune,vector vaccine and different strains of vaccine truly applicable.Please dont copy and paste such type of things.

Regards,
Dr.Abid

Maheswar Rath
11 de julio de 2012
thanks author. you have touched important areas of broiler production. My worries are how my rural farmers would adopt brooding when electrical supplies are quite not uniform and gas supplies are also not uniform. Desi arrangements are mostly practiced and ventilation cause a problem . Vaccination is recommended as per disease prevalence. As regards nutrition we can have prestarter feed 23%cp and 2900-3000ME followed by starter and finisher. This may save cost if we reduce protien and improve ME. amino acid inclusions are showing better results when CP is considered. 3rd how to ensure availability of standard litter is now getting problem and their disposal when litters are not recycled? thus i feel the need of cage system is the final answer in coming time for broiler also which demand sophistication too for control of environment. I am hopeful some changes are bound to become necessary in housing system of broiler flocks which may demand higher investments for gaining the best performance from hi-tech genotypes. with regds: dr m rath, india an consultant on poultry .
Farhan Ali
12 de julio de 2012

Abid Shah first of All thank you very much for suggestion about my article Vaccination schedule me given General and i know very well this vaccination schedule not applicable in pakistan but you dont fully say not applicable , i say one thing about vaccine , vaccine mean to boost up immunity to prevent a disease , so vaccination shedule varry according to a disease in a specific area ,due to climatic , mange mental mishaps ........you talk about the different strain of virus yes i know very well after different microbiological test we finalize virus strain then vaccine done on specific strain ,,,,,,Due to climatic changing, mange mental practices, Vaccination shedule differnet for diffent ares .......thanks

Afshan Majid
12 de julio de 2012

Very good article about broiler management. All praise to authors .

Same Ali
12 de julio de 2012
nice and very informative piece of work........
Mohammad Talib
12 de julio de 2012

Re: A Pocket Guide to Broiler Management
Nice and very informative Pocket Guide to Broiler Management
Dr Talib MVSc Poultry Science

Farhan Ali
13 de julio de 2012

Mohammad Talib, same ali, afshan majid thanks.................

Dr. Jayantajeet Borah
Amrit Feeds Limited
16 de julio de 2012

thanks Dr. for your pocket guide book. the same management follow in India also. but regarding housing the width should not be more than 20 - 25 foot otherwise the air may not be circulated properly and the vaccination schedule as advised by you we are not follow here basically in Assam. yes you are correct that it depends upon climatic condition of that particular region. otherwise it is very helpful to all the broiler farmer.
regards Dr. Jayantajeet Borah, Assam,(India)

Farhan Ali
16 de julio de 2012

Dr. Jayantajeet Borah thanks Dr..........

Freeman Nomhimmi Yohanna
16 de julio de 2012
FARHAN ALI, WELL DONE. YOU CAN STILL DO MORE THAN THIS.
Farhan Ali
17 de julio de 2012

Freeman Nomhimmi Yohanna thanks Alot .......sure i am try my best

Dr.shahzad  Naveed Jadoon
Alltech
29 de julio de 2012

Good man! It is quick idea on broiler farming. When we are dealing with HEN then following thing should be worked out.
- Health- what are the steps, practices and biosecurity etc
- Envirnoment - what are best practices available housing, temperature, ventilation etc
- Nutrition- what the requirements and Practices

Information on these areas will deliver performance and profitability.

Mpoki Alinanuswe
27 de marzo de 2013
good lesson, the challenge we met is market, if I can get slaughtering machine for 300 broiler I will be comfortable with the business
Allen How
21 de septiembre de 2013
Thx Dr Farhan for the information. Do you know where i can get a blue print for a modern broiler shed (closed type) which is up to construction standard?
Chinedu
25 de octubre de 2013
Dear Dr, your pocket guide has been very useful, i intend starting up a broiler project with about one thousand birds , would you mind providing me with a technical guideline , in the area of management especially with the number of drinkers and feeders for adult birds as well as their health management programme thanks
Satish Kumar
14 de enero de 2014
Very sweet & slim. One thing regarding width of shed. Is it will be effective to use equipment s like ceiling exhaust to remove ammonia gas in case of shed whose width is about 40 ft or more.
saheer
19 de mayo de 2014
I am doing some broiler chicken business(farm,Chicken Wholesale distribution,Chicken shop etc..).It is going well. My doubt is,usually from chicken shop we have lot of waste (feathers,blood,chicken skin,bones etc.. ).We are struggling to manage these waste to degrade properly. So, is there any good idea to manage these waste without making pollution and disturbance to people can we make any byproduct from these Please help me, I am looking forward to your response
Ummati Aminu
24 de febrero de 2016
Really useful and understandable tips, Thank you.
Farook Kahloon
3 de febrero de 2017

Good bro.

Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister