Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Necrotic Enteritis in Poultry

Necrotic Enteritis in Poultry- A Serious Profit Killer

Published: May 21, 2012
Summary
Intestinal diseases are an important concern for modern poultry industry because of low productivity, increased mortality, reduced welfare and the associated contamination of poultry products with pathogenic bacteria and their toxins. Several pathogens (Viruses, bacteria and parasites) are incriminated as possible causes of enteric disorders either alone (mono-casual), in synergy with different ...
Related topics
Authors:
Tufail Banday
Sher-e-Kashmir University of Agricultural Sciences and Technology of Kashmir
Follow
Dr. Madeha Untoo
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Raghuvir Trifale
Exotic Biosolutions
22 de mayo de 2012

Very good and informative article. Nowadays, Necrotic enteritis is a serious threat and this article will help to win over the problem.

Yahia Sumiaat
22 de mayo de 2012

Thanks so much for your article about Necrotic enteritis , it contains very valuable information. We can consider this disease the most important problem for the farmers 

Actually we see it from one day old in the farms we use a mixture of organic acids like propionic , formic , lactic , acetic for 24-48 H then we can use antibiotics like cephalexine , amoxy .....
Thx again
Dr yahia

Yahia Sumiaat
22 de mayo de 2012

Dear : i would like to translate the article about Necrotic enteritis to arabic language so that kindly let me know if there is any problem 

With all my best wishes
Dr yahia

Abdelseed Ahmed
22 de mayo de 2012

Thanks to Dr. Tufail Banday for the valuable information delivered in the article about Necrotic enteritis. The poultry rearing in our area is a deep litter system . So the intestinal integrity is affected due to the contamination of the poultry house with a diversity of infectious agents , so the article is a contribution to the relief of such a problem . Thanks 

Dr.E.Tirupathi Reddy (Ph.D, Poultry Science)
22 de mayo de 2012
WHAT ABOUT ROLE OF ZINC BACITRACIN COMPOUNDS IN CONTROLLING NE PROBLEM?
Saadat Changezi
Jadeed Group
23 de mayo de 2012

Very good & informative article about Necrotic enteritis.
Here another important thing needs to be discussed and that is the occurrence of the disease in hot and humid weather? In my field experience, I have seen the disease more common in summer than in any other season.

Dr Kamran
23 de mayo de 2012

do acids help in prevention of necrotic enteritis ? i believe acids are very good in controlling gram negative bacteria but as for my experience and knowledge not much effective in case of clostridial infection rather some time acids have negative impact on birds in this disease .

Yahia Sumiaat
24 de mayo de 2012
Der Dr Kamran : have a nice time , i have good experience in the field so that i can tell you that its the alternative way to antibiotics , i dvise u to read mor information from biomin ( Managing a healthy gut using acid based products ) B.wishes Dr yahia
Dr Mahendra Chaudhari
24 de mayo de 2012

Prof. (Dr.) Tufail Banday; Dr. Madeha Untoo and Dr. Henna Hamadani 
Thanks for information on the subject, very practical. Is common problem and explained nicely in simple way.
Thanks for sharing .
Kind Regards
Dr Mahendra Chaudhari
India

Md. Islam
26 de junio de 2012
It is a good & informative article.We learnt a lot from the article.
Md. Islam
26 de junio de 2012

It is a good & informative article.We learnt a lot from the article about necrotic enteritis. Can continue use of Enramicyn in the feed help to reduce necrotic enteritis?

Poultry Mania
15 de marzo de 2016
In my field experience, Organic Acid not effective in NE when use as a preventive dose to controlling growth pathogenic gut flora. Outbreak occured at running stage at farm. I am very much confused about effectivity of organic acid in poultry. DR.Ramzan Ali Poultry Consultant Narsingdhi, Bangladesh
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister