Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Avian Influenza, Vaccines & Vaccination

Published: January 1, 2002
Summary
The Disease. Avian Influenza (AI) is a viral disease that affects waterfowl, and domestic birds, such as chickens and turkeys, caused by an orthomixovirus type A. The disease has different clinical manifestations, from mild infections that frequently pass underdiagnosed, to a highly pathogenic form that causes high mortality, severe drops in egg production and economic losses....
Related topics:
Recommend
Comment
harimurti Nuradji, DVM
harimurti Nuradji, DVM
14 de marzo de 2005

Ok, I want to ask you about Avimex vaccines; can you give me remarks about contraindications and precautions to use this vaccine?

Recommend
Khaled Fadlallah
5 de abril de 2017
As you said in your article Avimex vaccine when used during outbreaks of HPAI in broiler chicks the flock must have no response to maternal antibodies .So you advise me not to use Avimex with flocks have maternal antibodies.
Recommend
Kasame Trakullerswilai
Saha Farms
2 de octubre de 2017
why is lowpath applied vaccine less than highpath
Recommend
Dr. Md. Beplob Hossain(DVM, MS Medicine)
2 de febrero de 2022
In laying & Pullet birds stage LPAI vaccination schedule followed by after 30 days then again Revaccination or booster vaccine after 30-40 days from 1st Vaccination. Then again vaccination need after 5 months.
Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.