Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Applications of saponins as feed additives in poultry production

Published: December 3, 2009
Summary
Summary Saponins are natural detergents or surfactants found in a wide variety of plants. The major commercial saponin-containing products are those derived from Yucca schidigera and Quillaja saponaria. Yucca is harvested from the wild in northern Mexico, while quillaja is a tree native to the Andes region of South America. It is harvested from the wild in Chile. Plantation production of quill...
Related topics
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Arshaq Ramzee
8 de diciembre de 2009

A good article about feed additives in poultry production to introduce a new ingredient to the world and I am sure that Saponins have a good potential for future use.

Dr.Iftikhar Ahmad Mashhadi
24 de diciembre de 2009

The application of saponins in poultry nutrition by P.R.Cheeke is an informative article and now a days when the world is shifting to alternatives to antibiotic in animal use,this is much more helpful and some products saponin are in the market but the situation is who will ring the bell .Besides being a detergent and surfactant property of saponin for growth promotion it may be used in comparison with ionophores due to its property of making foam in absorption of calcium and other nutrient for proper digestion.Overall the importance of saponins in poultry nutrition should not be ignored

Amir Attar
Javaneh khorasan
18 de enero de 2010

thats an interesting article about feed additives in poultry production. but i think we need to know more about this.
i think it can be a new ingredient.

Hafiz Imran Shakoor
11 de mayo de 2010

Interesting article about feed additives in poultry production. Really nice idea to use saponins to bind ammonia and utilize its potential as a growth promotor by shifting nutrient utilization for cytokines production to body mass production.

Adriana Michael
17 de abril de 2011

How interesting article about feed additives in poultry production... does anyone know if similar studies have been made with saponines from quinoa? Or any other applications of saponines from the quinoa plant? Thanks for any information.

Joe Magadi
UFAC
16 de julio de 2014
This is very interesting outcome. We are also planning to carry out similar trials to determine the effect of saponins as an emulsifier in broiler feed among other things. Could you please let me know the technique you used in assessing the level of ammonia in the rearing house.
ADEYINA, ADEBISI
20 de marzo de 2017
I want to know the minimal level of saponin required and its availability from natural sources to produce an effect in an animal(poultry). is their any synergistic effect from other alkaloids in the plant?
Mohammad Shah Al Mehedi
Phibro Animal Health
6 de julio de 2021
Very nice Article about saponin. Now AGP is banned in Bangladesh, so in this time it can helps to produce organic broiler meat and provide best body weight, low FCR, low mortality. Phibro have product Magni-Phi. It’s have two saponin one is triterphenoid saponin and another is steroidal saponin.both are very useful to produce immunity of birds, to protect bacterial,protozoal lnfection of birds. It also protect NE. It also reduce ammonia from litter. So thank you Dr. Leandro for your nice Article.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister