Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Typhoid in Layers

Forum about Typhoid in Layers

Published: August 9, 2012
By: Quasir Saleem

Dear Experts,

I have a layer farm of around 4000 birds. Currently, we are facing severe problem of Typhoid in birds. We have tried following medicines with consultation of Doctors,

1. Neflox
2. KEPRO NCO

From above medicines, we didnt find any fruitful results only little decrement of mortality from this treatment ....What should we do?

Looking forward to your valuable comments...

Related topics:
Authors:
Quasir Saleem
Recommend
Comment
Muhammad Durrani
22 de agosto de 2012

Dear Saleem, as a very first step your emphasis must be on accurate diagnosis,it is very easy to relate the typhoid with any pathological event in the body of a layer bird,it is also very easy to name typhoid for any pathological condition in layer birds,the main issue could remain unaddressed though,check your flock against lice,mites or the presence of any ecto parasites on the breast & beneath feathers,investigate about over heating of the birds due to any cut in water supply during peak hours of drinking,or feeding birds in still high temperatures,some time minor things are overlooked & even accurate diagnosis remains unsuccessful as a
successful prognosis.
over medication also results in more severity & pathogenicity of the disease,high humidity & poor ventilation also contributes towards pyrexia. Anyway you must go for some antipyretic medication like Thympyrine 100ml,dose is 1 ml for2 liters of drinking water + some diuretic like citralka 1 ml for 2 liters of drinking water + syp.jetepar 1 ml for 1 liter of drinking water for 12 hours in morning daily for two consecutive days at least.
Thanks.

Recommend
Dr.B Barman
Suguna Group
23 de agosto de 2012

Dear Saleem,

I do agree in the above comments of Dr Durrani,

II would also like to suggest the following if this is a case of salmonellosis:

1. In feed use sodium di formate (like "Formi NDF") 2 Kg per MT of feed for 1 month then 1 Kg continiously.
2. Initial 2-3 wk use good blend of Organic acid through water.
3. Adopt strict Rodent control method as rodent will spread the disease.
4. I addition to this you can select one good probiotic for feed which contain Pediococcus acidilacti strain.

Regards,

Dr. Barman

Recommend
Ahmad Ilyas
23 de agosto de 2012

We Have broiler Farm and we are facing the same problem.Temperature and typhoid. What could be the reason for this. We used Kepro NCO which improved the situation a little bit but not completely. Please suggest some easily available and effective medicine in Lahore. Can some one please suggest the treatment for kryza (FLU).

Recommend
Nadim Amarin
United Animal Health
27 de agosto de 2012
Dear Ahmad do you mean by Kryza (Infectious Coryza)?? if yes please vaccinate yuor flock with Volvac AC Plus KV vaccine and give suitable antibiotic like norfloxacin nicotinate
Recommend
Abdelseed Ahmed
13 de septiembre de 2012
Mr, Qussar I prefer you follow restrict sanitary measures in your farm particularly the litter , you have to clean it perfectly , sterilize the floor , change it with a new clean material , use broad spectrum anti biotic ..... you will come to good results ....
Recommend
Mac
4 de septiembre de 2013
I think you have to use Amoxil for 16 hr rather than kapro.NCO .....pluse use of disprine 1 tab in 2 liter and use of vit C and electrolyts for remaing 8 hr
Recommend
Olabode
31 de mayo de 2020
My chicken watery yellowish poo please what I can do
Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.