Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Feed Conversion ratio in broilers

Published: November 16, 2014

May I know the best FCR in broiler worldwide?

Related topics
Authors:
Anonymous
Anonymous
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Thomas Bun
28 de noviembre de 2014
Delacon PNRC Proving Ground, automatic monitoring Barn temperature, humidity, ventilation and ammonia, Cobb 500 broilers up to 35 days 2.5kg heavier full genetic potential! this is new resect FCR 1.55
GANESH s. Nimse
27 de noviembre de 2018

Thomas Bun Ap 95 is fail breed I have this flock. This livestock giving 2.11 FCR for 1.2 kg.

ravindra
28 de noviembre de 2014
In india AP 95 and hubbard classic are giving better result than cobb 400 y strain
GANESH s. Nimse
27 de noviembre de 2018
Ap 95 is fail breed I have this flock. This livestock giving 2.11 FCR for 1.2 kg.
Chris Meddins
28 de noviembre de 2014
interesting comments about FCR, but no one has commented about 'teaching' the birds to convert better. with broilers improvements of between .05 and .1 are easily possible together with showing better growth as well. this also works with layers showing a feed reduction of between 10 and 15% together with an improvement in egg qualitity.
Ahmed Sayed Hamouda
28 de noviembre de 2014
FCR depend on many factors not only related to feed quality and bird strain but also related to the hygiene and bio security in the farm an surroundings ,the epidemiological situation in the geographic region of the farm and the flock health condition .All this factors are significantly affect the small and medium size farms. Presence of mycotoxins play a key role in FCR and retardation of growth,type of the vitamine and mineral premixes also has a role.Generally to compare the FCR you should fix all the other factors and compare.
Dr.Mangala Amarasingha
29 de noviembre de 2014
Targeted Growth & F.C.R is a well planed multidisciplinary project. Today's commercial broilers are born with excellent genetic potential irrespective to the broiler genetic brand names available in the broiler genetic market. Therefore ,if you want to find out how to achieve the best F.C.R from your commercial broiler flock, you should start to carry out the root cause analysis (RCA) in thinking of when the worse F.C.R was reported at your farm. There is a simple formula to do your root cause analysis (RCA). F.C.R = Broiler Genetic Profile (BGP) + Hatching Egg Incubation (HEI) + Broiler Nutrition + Broiler Health + Broiler Husbandry Inputs (BHI) You must keep in mind that you must have ideal housing & equipment with know how on broiler husbandry including brooding before auditing said formula. 01. Broiler Genetic Profile is consisted of what genetic potential has been confirmed by the primary breeder in refereed to the livability , feed consumption , growth and feed conversion efficiency as per their experience with given farming condition for said broiler breed. 02. Hatching Egg Incubation is utmost important especially achieving good setter performances thereby yielding chick length more than 18.5 cm irrespective to the chick weight. 03. Broiler Nutrition is expected quality and consistent feed as per the nutrition profile requested by primary breeder in connection to serious consideration made on anti-nutritive factors however the various kind of raw materials are available in different quality. 04. Broiler Health is started from breeder farm and hatchery so called vertically transmitted diseases (VTD) and hatchery born diseases (HBD) thereby addressing horizontally transmitted diseases (HTD) by implementing sound protocol for prevention & control of diseases ( Vaccination , Flock Monitoring ). 05. Broiler Husbandry Inputs are consisted of seven key elements known as Key Respective Areas (KRAs). 05.1. Water - Quantity & Quality in Chemical & Microbial 05.2. Air Quality - Ammonia Concentration 05.3. Climate - Temperature & Humidity 05.4. Cleaning & Disinfection 05.5. Down Time - Time taken after confirming terminal disinfection to new chick placement 05.6. On Farm Hygiene including disposing used litter & dead birds 05.7. Bio - security Now, every body can understand that the "Best F.C.R" is NOT a dream and definitely multidisciplinary Project , because if you pay less attention for any of above, you will loose in micro decimal of F.C.R definitely thereby you will be fined by the broilers in irreversible manner. Your Project Indicators are as follows. 01. Body Weight after three days from the feeding commenced. It should be 2.5 times of initial chick weight irrespective to the amount of feed consumed. 02. Body Weight after ten days from the feeding commenced. It should be 10.0 times of initial chick weight in respective to the maximum amount of feed 360g however in EC House or Open House.
anjum ejaz
17 de febrero de 2023
Dr.Mangala Amarasingha sir, what is the meaning of one point fcr improvement in Broiler production. And how it is calculated. And what is its impact on economics of broiler production ?
dr.rajshekar achar
6 de diciembre de 2014
Now D L M per Kg cost high level so what we can use in that place Amino acid
Iman Hamedi
8 de diciembre de 2014
1.6 strain russ308 with the average slughtering days of 37.5 here in iran
Robert Huggins
9 de diciembre de 2014
FCR is a very useful tool in determining how broilers are performing. However, FCR must be reviewed in relation to broiler weights and the many other factors as previously mentioned . The recent Ross 308 (2014ed) shows that the expected target weights under optimal conditions should be around 2.334kg at 37 days with a FCR 1.587. At BW of 1.6 kg these birds are approximately 734 grams lighter than they should be, putting them about 1 week behind target weights. If raised in open sided houses the weights obtained may not be exact, but can be quite close. This will significantly affect profitability. Even thought this FCR as a number looks good birds may be wasting feed, or not converting the feed through poor digestion and absorption. If these birds are beak-trimmed which is sometimes carried out in the tropics to reduce cannnibalism, feed uptake may not be optimal.
Ing. Dragan Ionut
10 de diciembre de 2014
Hello mr.Thomas Boen Do you really achive over 2.1 kg at 35 days ? What is your realy weight at 35 days? Anyone have some opinion about whole wheat in broiler feeding. Thank you
ravindra
10 de diciembre de 2014
yah..@.1kg is possible at 35 days in india also
Robert Huggins
10 de diciembre de 2014
Wheat is commonly used as an energy source in many countries. In some countries it is also used to replace corn. When feeding wheat however, there some points that need to be adhered to. You need to increase the biotin levels in the feed as wheat can be biotin deficient. Since nutrient composition and protein levels can vary significantly in wheat, it is necessary to have an analysis carried out on a regular basis. Use hard wheat together with xylanase enzymes, especially when feeding above 30%. When feeding high levels of wheat in the diet there can also be problems with wet litter due to the pentosans present which increase the viscosity of the digesta. Wheat is susceptible to rust which will affect feeding value. Whole grain wheat should not be fed to young birds less than 10 days of age, but can safely to older birds. Because wheat does not contain large amounts of xanthophylls or carotenes, broiler meat is lighter in colour than if corn where fed. Similarly, egg yolks are lighter in colour if wheat is used to feed layers.
Dr.Mangala Amarasingha
11 de diciembre de 2014
My previous comment lay is re-arranged as follows. My Practical Experience on feeding with whole wheat & wheat bran for commercial poultry feed is stated in below. Commercial Broilers : Up to 500g +/- 50g No Inclusion Whole Wheat : 500g to 1,000g +/- 50g 5.0% in Max. More than 1,000g +/- 50g 10.0%in Max. Wheat Bran : 500g to 1,000g +/- 50g 2.5% in Max. More than 1,000g +/- 50g 3.5%in Max. Commercial Layers : Up to 300g +/- 50g No Inclusion Whole Wheat : More than 300g +/- 50g 7.5%in Max. Wheat Bran : More than 300g +/- 50g 5.0%in Max. Note : 01. Xylanase + Phytase 5000FTU are added to thee feed in all circumstances. 02. All types of aforesaid feed were in mash form. 03. Commercial Broiler Body Weight was 2.03 +/- 50g with 3.5kg of feed at 38.0 days in open houses for Cobb 500 broilers. 04. Color of Egg Yolk was NOT changed significantly as per my experience with above inclusions. 05. Wet litter is NOT significant in all above cases too. All above are my experience with my know how on poultry nutrition and NOT recommendations.
R.d.l.c.isuru Sagararathne
13 de diciembre de 2014
I want to know how to import the excel / .mat file to gui interface of the matlab.
Tawfik
13 de diciembre de 2014
.Thomas Boen and any one can help Do you really achive over 2.1 kg at 35 days ? What is your realy weight at 35 days? CAN YOU GIVE ME WHAT SHOULD I FEED THEM STARTER / GROWER / FINSHER I USE CORN AND SOYA MY MAIL IS JORDANTRADE2008@YAHOO
awadallah abakar
16 de diciembre de 2014
I would like to know how much a mount of feed should be fed from different kind of formulas and ingredients to a achieve 2kg body weigh at the age of 35days knowing that I have same breed of broiler COBB500 . in closed rearing system. thanks
Robert Huggins
16 de diciembre de 2014
When I formulate rations for broilers or layers, I always start of using the recommendations found in the management guides and adjust from there. This is done by constantly monitoring bodyweights especially in the starter phase, comparing them to the weights found in the management guides, highlighted in black. I also try to look at the uniformity of the birds at these weigh days and want to have >80% uniformity. http://www.cobb-vantress.com/docs/default-source/cobb-500-guides/cobb500-broiler-performance-nutrition-supplement-(english).pdf?
Tawfik
16 de diciembre de 2014
i am with you Robert Huggins but they dont put the ingredients
Robert Huggins
16 de diciembre de 2014
The information given are the minimum requirements required by the strain of bird that you are using. The ingredients used will depend on what you have available in your country. Most nutritionists will tell you not to use the nutrient profile available in text books or NRC as they are not current. However I have used these data quite successfully when up to date information is not available or facilities for analyzing the particular ingredient is not reliable. You will need to speak with your nutritionist and make sure he is formulating to these specifications or above. You may also need to make sure that the premix meets the specifications for the particular strain of bird you are using and under your conditions. Formulating rations are not difficult, but formulating the right ration requires a bit more thought. Hope this helps.
Tawfik
16 de diciembre de 2014
I AGREE WITH BUT HOW CAN DO THIS Farmers are talking about the use of analysis and installation of feed using computer programs. Looked at all the net I can not find something similar
Paul D Matzat
Elanco
17 de diciembre de 2014
Perhaps a better way to measure efficiency is to look at feed per kg of salable product produced; or calories per kg of live weight sold. Kg feed per kg of live weight gain is correlated to profitability, but bragging rights to the best F/G numbers say little about profitability. Margin over feed costs is a good way to evaluate profit potential and says more about the long term viability of the business. Additionally important considerations like flock health status, mortality rate, target end weight, days to market, gender, season, feed ingredients and on and on will impact the final F/G numbers! The broiler breeding companies like Ross and Cobb have performance targets that are very accurate and good references to use for comparison and benchmarking.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister