Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Cleaning Protocols

Published: September 12, 2014
By: Stella Jane

As a senior citizen raising poultry 40 years in a family farm setting, I'd like to know how someone can access the kind of studies that have been done, and the CONTROLS that were done with them. In specific, I'd like to find out if any clinical trials have tried THIS PROTOCOL on a separate group, with a third group "untreated" by anything.
All poultry waterers are cleaned at least weekly with the new botanical cleaner CLEANWELL Botanical Disinfectant and then 1/2 teaspoon of Grapefruit Seed Extract GSE by NutriBiotics added to each gallon of water. Last year we followed this protocol DAILY when birds became ill as new chicks or later on from our hatchery purchases. We were able to AVOID using Terra mycin /any antibiotics by following our cleaning protocol. This protocol restores digestive vigor in mammals also.
I'm also interested to know if the poultry industry has taken note of SPROUTED whole grain as a poultry feed?
Im interested in the feed conversion statistics. My feed bills show that raising eggs from our pastured poultry now uses 1/3 the amount of wheat /sunflower seeds /barley when the WHOLE GRAINS are soaked 24 hours and drained, then fed for the next two days on that feed. Basically, soaking and sprouting twice a week. Beyond that the grains ferment heavily in warm weather. Thank you for any information provided. WAPF.org is the site I use for nutritional references.