Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Blood Meal- The cost saving and best performing ingredient for commercial broiler diets

Published: September 17, 2014
Summary
Common names Blood meal, blood flour, fresh blood [English], farine de sang, sang frais [French], harina de sangre [Spanish]  Description Blood can be collected during the slaughter of various livestock species (cattle, pigs, chickens, etc.) under a wide range of conditions. It is usually dried and made into blood meal so that it can be handled and incorporated into rations more ...
Related topics
Authors:
Dr Jaydip Mulik
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Shiloh Spradlin
16 de febrero de 2016
how much blood meal would you feed to 75 chicks per day
Hossien Mohammadzadeh kratei
19 de mayo de 2016
blood meal have high amount of Leucine and Isoleucin its is low so it results unbalance in the level of branch chain amino acids
wawa sani
9 de septiembre de 2016
Is it good to feed fishes with blood meal only without mixing it with any ingredient?
Mohamed haroon
4 de octubre de 2016
What is the measurement of blood meal for 1000 fishes?
AJAYI KAYODE
29 de octubre de 2016
Can one feed the fish with blood meal without other ingredients and what's is the measurement?
portia
1 de mayo de 2018
what quantity of blood meal will need for 1000 laying hen
Asmau
4 de mayo de 2018
It look like something copied from feed pedi
Bob
8 de junio de 2018
Hi evening, just new in the cat firming,just want to try this meal my fishes are up to 1,300 so kindly tell me how to use it already cooked
Shaikh hakim
28 de junio de 2018

I want to use blood meal for poultry give me detail about formulation, please.

Radfng Omotade Amos
1 de julio de 2018

So as advised, it should be ensured that blood meal from a species is not used for the same species. Its quite interesting and thought provoking to know it is for safety reasons.

Hillz
19 de julio de 2018

I'm always scared of using blood meal because the pollution rate is high, you need an excess of water if you're going to use blood meal. I'm sticking to my local dried fish, poultry meal and fish meal.

Simon Onuh
17 de noviembre de 2018
A fantastic write-up. However, the authors cited are not reflected in the references for purposes of verification.
Emmanuel Olamide Ajayi
22 de abril de 2019
Thank you for accepting me
Abasiakan Godwin Anthony
13 de mayo de 2019

I am researching on it for further study, so I need those references cited in this work.

Gloria Okoror
21 de agosto de 2019
Thanks for accepting me. I own a catfish farm and also vegetable farm. PLS, what else can I add to the blood meal to make it richer. Secondly, when can I start feeding my catfish with blood meal. . How early.. Thanks
Auwalu umar Abdullahi
13 de septiembre de 2019
Thank for investigation of blood Meals
Bamidele hamid
18 de julio de 2020
Good evening sirs, i have started using 100% of blood meal in replacing fish meal.
Biti-Binatare Aguamah
20 de octubre de 2020
I have produced bmoob meal. I dried it and grounded it it's in powder form. I do not know how to use it. However, I know, the solution will come online.
Wafana Rogers
26 de enero de 2021
Can you pliz give some disadvantages of using blood meal in broilers
Wafana Rogers
26 de enero de 2021
What other ingredients can be added in blood meal to formulate broilers feeds with broken maize. The %s also
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister