Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

2nd Symposium on Alternatives to Antibiotics will be held in Paris on December 12-15

Published: September 23, 2016
Summary
The 2nd International Symposium on Alternatives to Antibiotics (ATA): Challenges and Solutions in Animal Production, will take place at the World Organisation in Animal Health in Paris, from December 12th to 15th.     PROGRAM   December 12, 2016   Opening Ceremony Keynote Presentation   18:00-18:15 Welcome Address  Monique Eloit, ...
Related topics
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Ismet Mamode
Food & Allied Group of Companies
28 de septiembre de 2016
This subject concerns all of us engaged in animal production, food safety and consumers organizations. The OIE has given the opportunity for all of us to participate in this event. Let us hope that Africa will have a strong delegation for this conference.
Ruth Tariebi Seimiekumo Ofongo
2 de octubre de 2016
This is an excellent and timely topic. Please I am only appealing that the organizations involved can just involve African researchers whose research work involves gut health. As they say in Africa if you want to tell a blind or deaf woman something tell it to her child. Please involve us. Some of us are working and willing to work if given the opportunity to do so and if possible a better way of getting results and identifying gut diseases causative agents that may eventually find its way into the human food chain
Aoun Khan
2 de octubre de 2016
It's a great topic to address.....African drs must be invited to share their experiences......I m also interested to participate....I will bear my travel expenses....only need invitation ....I hv 22yrs of experience of managing and treating poultry wd antibiotics.....
Sataluri Satagopa Raja Ayyangar
Synergy Biorefineries Pvt
2 de octubre de 2016
Any body confirm by applying Antibiotics there is no loss of Immune system in the body as they will eradicate useful bacteria.
2 de octubre de 2016
Mr Ayyanga, if I understand what you are saying well enough. Antibiotics use has effect on the innate immune system. Its just that the effect is not so obvious compared to the absence of antibiotics use. In addition results from a work I did which will soon be published indicated that antibiotics use will eradicate useful bacteria. Molecular identification of the bacteria species showed a varied relative number of useful and pathogenic bacteria in the gut. I should have it posted once the publication is out. Thank you and remain blessed
Hyun Lillehoj
USDA - United States Department of Agriculture
2 de octubre de 2016
There is a timely need to better understand the effects of in feed antibiotics on gut immune system, gut microbiota as well as our evolving environment. More importantly we need to understand various dietary alternatives to antibiotics feed additives if we are going to maintain sustainable agriculture. The 2nd Alternatives to Antibiotic meeting will address many aspects of regulatory and evidence-based scientific progress of different antibiotic alternatives that are being developed.
Hyun Lillehoj
2 de octubre de 2016
Registration for the 2nd Alternatives to Antibiotics is now open and abstracts are being accepted. There are space limit with the number of registration due to the space limitation at the OIE conference place. Early registration is thus recommended.
2 de octubre de 2016
Thank you Hyun. But this years event is late for me. It takes 3 months to access travel grant from my employer. Please inbox me early enough for the next up coming event. My email is tariruth@live.de Hopefully I should plan to be at the 3rd conference. Thank you and remain blessed
Hossan Md. Salim, PhD
3 de octubre de 2016
Hello, I have keen interest to attend in the meeting and I have some research experiences in South Korea looking for AGP alternatives in poultry. I am wondering whether any fellowships are available for young Scientist to attend and present their research data in the meeting. I need this information ASAP for submitting my article. So, would you please give the fellowship information. Hopefully, it will be a nice meeting in Paris. Have a great day! Sincerely, Dr. Salim
Stephen Adejoro Dr
Soavet
3 de octubre de 2016

Sometimes I challenged engormix to invite authors to pending seminars, but have shown remarkable improvement in the last few postings, including this invitation. I am one of the early contributors to engormix on Marek, Mycotoxin, fowl lcholera and Avian influenza management in developing countries. I have concluded series of studies on alternative to AGP with netraceaticals. My latest study on pullet shipment tp long distances in the tropics with hatcheroes exposure to brand of utacearical improve livability in transit by 1.5% and when used in broiler rearing just for 1 day or 2 days in divided dosages improve significantly the advantage of FC in group 1 and 2 more than in group 3, where the product was not used. The study similarly showed highest return on feed cost in group1 flloed by group 2 and the lowest return in th cpontrpl. The study further to consider the respective profitability in 1 2 and 2r with 3 recording the least profitability and the highest cost to produce 1 kg p broiler. The broiler DOC were raised under similar environment and consumed the same feed for 35 Days. If there is available travel grant I will be interested in forwarding the abstract of it and apply for registration. Kudos to www.engormix.com. Dr Stephen Adejoro.

Hyun Lillehoj
3 de octubre de 2016
Dear Dr. Salim: For questions on travel fellowship for 2nd ATA meeting, please contact Dr. Gay at cyril.gay@ars.usda.gov
Dr. Hassan Kazim
4 de octubre de 2016
welcome african brothers at any plate form
Dr. Jimoh Akib Adekunle
11 de octubre de 2016
Interesting topic indeed. I am a young researcher in this area. I have published an article on necrotic enteritis and another one is in press. This is going to be a great chance to rub minds with scholars of high reputation in the area. Avail me travel fellowship to aid my attendance. Kudos to organizers of this symposium. Thanks Dr.. Jimoh DVM, MSc, Animal Production
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister