Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Stalosan reduces mortality significantly in the farrowing unit

Published: December 13, 2016
Summary
The newborn piglet is challenged in many ways. It has to keep warm, find food and keep bacteria away. These particular challenges are the reason why piglets are not surviving or getting off to a bad start. Stalosan F  dries the piglet and reduces the harmful bacteria and therefore a strategic use around birth is worth trying.  The skin as barrier Stalosan F has a pH level arou...
Related topics
Authors:
Hans Aae
Vilofoss
Recommend
Comment
Anthony Tugbiyele
17 de marzo de 2017
How is it administered on the piglets?
Recommend
Eros baroni
22 de marzo de 2017
Mr. A. Tugbiyele I'm a user of Stalosan f on my farm, I use it with the fan at the doses recommended by the firm: Dosage instructions with blower The F Stalosan recommended dose is 50 g / m2 (one pound per 100 sq. Feet) Blowing During the blowing of Stalosan F, all ventilation systems Should be switched off. (If the area is 100 m2, for instance, 5 kg Stalosan F Should be used). Weigh the amount of Stalosan F required in a bucket. (However, a maximum of 5 kg Stalosan F is recommended for blowing each session two to the blower's range.) Position yourself Securely, holding the machine in your left or right hand. (The blower is designed for one-handed operation). Place the blower with the suction pipe in the bucket containing Stalosan F. Do not completely cover the mouth of the pipe with Stalosan F. During the blowing of Stalosan F, point the blower exhaust up (at 15 ° - 45 ° angle off the ground) and move it from side to side. (This method maximises the dispersion and distribution of Stalosan F. Dispersion experiments indicated That the Stalosan F blowing range is about 100 m2from a single position. The blowing takes 1-1½ minutes. Normally the blower can spread up to 8 kg per minute Stalosan F .) If the animal housing area is larger than 100 m2, divided up the area and select multiple locations blowing. (For instance, a surface area of ??500 m2 requires 5 Placed strategically blowing points.) To maintain the desired effect, blow out Stalosan once a week. After blowing, run the blower until it has blown out all the Stalosan F contents. I hope this helps and good luck
Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.