Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Nutrition in pigs

Published: January 15, 2012
By: Adediran Olusola

Since pigs are mammals, is it good to feed them with fruits and if it is, what fruits and how do we go about this?

Related topics
Authors:
Adediran Olusola
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Noni
15 de mayo de 2012
it is good to feed them with grain as fruits are a waste of time.....no value in fruit at all. You want to get them to market quickly not have them around for months on end, waiting to make weight.
Anthony Mgbojikwe
22 de mayo de 2012

Pigs being monogastrics have requirements that can only be gotten from friuts and vegetable. I am a pig farmer based in Jos Nigeria and at times I augument the diet of my pigs especially the sows when pregnant with cashew, mango and cabbage. And the result has been outstanding. Considering that I produce pigs that do not have fat. Tony

Uche Okoli
22 de mayo de 2012
If you have access to free or really cheap fruits then thats okay. If not, its a waste of time and fnds as you can add vitamins and trace minerals. l am based in Enugu, Nigeria and have achieved outstanding results with grains, bloodmeal and vitamin supplements
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister