Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Indian Pig Farming Industry

Forum: How to Develop Indian Pig Farming Industry

Published: November 14, 2011
By: Mark Garvin

Respected all, Greetings of the Day!!!
Its been long time, I am writing on this forum about an Indian PIG FARMING INDUSTRY,and what will be the future for this Business?.I am working in this industry since 5 years, Due to the Government policies towards the pig farming industry, whatever development i am expecting here in India in terms of good breed and upliftment policy & Government Project is not convincing. Even, We are not able to import livestock for breeding to develop the breed here. We only have Yorkshire and which is not 100% pure-line. We can develop best quality livestock for the future but also need to improve the Genetic standards and have to educate small and progressive farmers those who are doing pig farming in small and large scale to use and adapt artificial insemination(I.A) for best quality of livestock and good breeding results.
I am planing to start a training center for entrepreneur, enterprises and farmer to give them training to succeed in this business and India can produce international standard pigs livestock to consume in India and export to world wide . Need guideline and seek interest from international pig farming consultant and companies.

Related topics
Authors:
Mark Garvin
NISARG ANIMAL FARMING PVT LTD
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Noni
16 de noviembre de 2011

Pig farming in India, I understand that you also have large blacks. I would think that you could use these pigs to make a cross and grow from there. White pigs are fine for production unless you want to be different and have something different, in which case you have to breed them up on your own. We here in Oz are also not allowed to import pigs of any kind

Swapan Kundu
27 de enero de 2013

Hi Mark,
Where are we on this today?

Has the Indian goverment taken any stand to promote this business?
Any chance that the goverment will allow to import pure breeds / strains?

Mr.Frank Mensah
Mr.Frank Mensah
11 de junio de 2015
DEAR SIR/MADAM, WE ARE INTERESTED IN YOUR PRODUCT, PLEASE CAN YOU SEND US YOUR PRODUCT CLASSIFICATION / SPECIFICATION AND PRICES LIST, PLEASE WE NEEDED A BULK ORDER PLEASE SEND US YOUR PRODUCT DETAILS, MINIMUM ORDER,TERMS OF PAYMENT AND PREFERABLY YOUR PRODUCT CATALOG WITH DETAILED SPECIFICATION YOU CAN CONTACT US AT:mrfrankmensah001@gmai.com MR.FRANK MENSAH, FRANK MENSAH INVESTMENT AGENCY, #-57 Ashimata la,out, ACCRA _ GHANA. Email: mrfrankmensah001@gmai.com Te/Fax: +233-230-763889
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister