There are many different components in a complete feed and some of those are prone to oxidation which can decrease the value of the feed. These include supplemental fats, oils and vitamin premixes.
Preservation of these ingredients is critical because the fats and oils provide energy and essential fatty acids, while the vitamin premix has the broad range of vitamins necessary for optimal animal growth and performance. One of the best ways to protect the value of these ingredients is through the use of an effective antioxidant such as SANTOQUIN® feed preservative.
SANTOQUIN provides unsurpassed protection from oxidative rancidity. Oxidation decreases the value of unprotected ingredients as soon as they are produced and continues to degrade the nutrients over time. SANTOQUIN protects feed ingredients and prolongs nutritional shelf life in complete feed.
- SANTOQUIN® Liquid feed preservative offers the convenience and cost savings of bulk storage and delivery for commercial operations that use large volumes of ethoxyquin. It is also the most concentrated form of ethoxyquin available and mixes evenly and disperses well throughout the feed, fat, meal or other product to be stabilized.
- SANTOQUIN® MAX feed preservative is a powder antioxidant produced using special manufacturing technology. This product can be directly supplemented to completed feed, concentrate, premix or a raw material easily rancidified and oxidized.
- SANTOQUIN® Mixture 6 feed preservative provides unsurpassed protection from oxidative rancidity. SANTOQUIN Mixture 6 protects essential ingredients and prolongs nutritional shelf life in complete feed.
- SANTOQUIN®Q4T feed preservative is a fat-soluble liquid feed additive recommended specifically for inhibiting the oxidation of animal/vegetable (yellow grease) based fats. It can be used in animal and poultry feeds to retard oxidative destruction of essential nutrients.
- SANTOQUIN® Plus is an efficacious liquid antioxidant product that is cost comparative to ethoxyquin and promotes increased stability of raw ingredients. Using an ETQ:BHT blend at 150 ppm, SANTOQUIN Plus effectively protects fats/oils/meals.