Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix
LAMIC - LABORATORY OF MYCOTOXICOLOGICAL ANALYSIS
Content sponsored by:

Brazilian experiences with mycotoxins - Dr. Carlos Mallman (LAMIC)

Published: March 29, 2011
Dr. Carlos Mallman (LAMIC) gave a lecture about Brazilian experiences with mycotoxins at the one day technical conference Mycotoxins 2011 in Bangkok, Thailand.
Related topics
Authors:
Carlos A. Mallmann
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Hilmar Gerhardt
DSM-Firmenich
8 de abril de 2011
Hi Carlos Nice Presentation. But I think that the ruminants especially the dairy cows are in trouble with mycotoxins FUM,T2,Don....In the last years we see in Germany 10-15 mg per head and day by this 3 mycotoxins in average. The lifetime performance is actually very poor by 2.2 lactations and hardly 19000 kg milk in lifetime. And in the end of the day the liver of culling cows is adipose. I think the long time intake of mycotoxins is a problem in the field of ruminants. kind regards Hilmar
Carlos A. Mallmann
15 de abril de 2011
Dear Hilmar. What you report about the problems with the cows in Germany seems to be serious. In the vision that I have about Germany, it seems that continuous monitoring is done. The situation in Brazil is a little different. In the University (LAMIC) we have only some 15,000 analysis of mycotoxins in diets of dairy cows especially for Fumonisins, Zearalenone and Deoxinynivalenol (DON). For diets of other species we have nearly 900,000 analysis. I'm sure that the Veterinarians form Germany have already taking this possibility into account. I think that the diagnostic centers have already rated this. Although the diagnosis of bovine mycotoxicoses is very hard, constant monitoring helps to clarify and find the most appropriate alternatives. This seems to be the only way to clarify if there is a relationship between continued ingestion of mycotoxins that you write, with the reported problems. Best regards Prof. Mallmann
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister