Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

The preparation of floating & sinking fish feeds by extrusion

Published: January 5, 2017
Summary
Extrusion has been used to prepare animal feeds for many years and has proved to be an effective means to cook and shape raw ingredients into very specialized products, especially in the highly competitive pet food market where size, shape, mouth feel and degree of cook are important factors in the success of the product. During the past 25 years the commercial raising of fish for human food cons...
Related topics
Authors:
Enrique Diaz
Anderson International Corp
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Roger WESTWELL
Mogul Process plant
18 de enero de 2017

Interesting. Because we design and build Fish Feed process plant in South Africa. Always something to learn from others.

Roger.

Abdelaziz Abudayyeh
12 de marzo de 2017
Very interested subject
Alagbe olujimi John
25 de mayo de 2017
Very educative write up, extruding fish feed will minimize wastage and reduce water pollution.
Richard Asante
16 de abril de 2018

Want to know how, locally, I can prepare my own feed and make it float.

Kwabena Asante
6 de mayo de 2020
Thats brilliant indeed
Vishal Dugar
21 de agosto de 2020

Are there any additives or chemicals required for making the fish feed to float?

Adeniyi
28 de marzo de 2021

What material really ensures at least two minutes floating in waters?

Enrique Diaz
Anderson International Corp
29 de marzo de 2021
Adeniyi ; To achieve sinking effect you have to consider several factors such as formulation, amount of steam and die insert configuration. If you are thinking only on the ingredient side of the equation then you wont be successful achieving what you are looking for, you have to balance and consider all these 3 factors. ED.
TIMOTHY Stephen
29 de octubre de 2021
Can sinking pellet kill fish in the earth pond? Thanks
Anitor mgubo
12 de diciembre de 2021
Very educative write up,had problems with our extruder,its producing sinking feed instead of floating
Amina  A. M
25 de marzo de 2022
Very educative and really appreciated
Jeremy
16 de abril de 2022
My extruder can't produce floating feed. Could there be a way helping me with a solution.
Owura kwaku opoku-ware
8 de marzo de 2023
I want to know how to do a floating feed
Madu nnamdi
26 de julio de 2023
Really want to know how to produce a floating feed , the ones I produced doesn't float.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister