Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

feed formulation software

An Introduction to Least-Cost Feed Formulation Software

Published: October 25, 2006
Summary
Purpose The following article is a primer on least-cost formulation. While explaining the fundamentals of least-cost formulation, the author also goes over more advanced features such as shadow prices, price maps and nutrient factoring. This is a must-read for those who want a concise introduction to least-cost formulation. In the not so distant past, feed manufacturers used to balance ...
Related topics
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Mohammad Hafeez
Mohammad Hafeez
31 de octubre de 2006

The problem at small and medium farmers are:
1. They have no access to facilities to analyze nutrient contain of any particular ingredient.
2. Usually the least cost feed formulation software are expensive and not affordable.

Author may endavour to customize for small and medium level farmers keeping in view their requirements and cost. Many features included in most soft wares are not required for them.

Satish Sidana
Satish Sidana
6 de diciembre de 2006

Could we have reliability of the feed formulation software? 

Satish Sidana

Satish Sidana
Satish Sidana
27 de marzo de 2007

We have bought this feed formulation software some time back and for the price it is very good product. I wish them best of luck. 

Satish Sidana

Dr.Iftikhar Ahmad Mashhadi
21 de febrero de 2009

A good article showing the importance of least cost feed formulation software. The author should present demo version.

Badubi
14 de julio de 2009

It would be good to see the demo and also if the price of the feed formulation software could be shown in case one thinks of purchasing the software.

Daniel Palcu
Meriden Animal Health Limited
21 de julio de 2009
The price on their website is $1295.00 for the Proffesional version (which makes him not so cost efective for small farms) and $495.00 for Standard version.
Oyedele Oyewumi
Prinzvet Livestock Consult
18 de noviembre de 2009

Feed formulation software for leastcost formulation are quite expensive especially for small- medium scale farmer in developing countries

Carlos Fajardo
Ration Mix
1 de diciembre de 2009
There is an alternative software for small farmers, and is the cheapest least cost formulation software on the market, at the moment is in spanish but is easy o learn, there is a freeware version and a demo version (price 90 US), is based in excel with advance programming. It can be downloaded in our company´s web page. I'm the developer of the program, so if you need assistance or more information please let me know.
Peter Ngatia
26 de agosto de 2010

A very enlightening article about feed formulation software. The major challenges that limit profitability in the animal industry is the fluctuation in feed prices . This worsen more during adverse wether conditions noting that bothman and animals compete oftenly for the same ingredients. The least cost formulations come in hand in such time as alternatertives can be sought to bridge the gaps.

Jordache
27 de junio de 2011
you can send me the link to download the freeware version and a demo version? i use best mix and i want to try also this program
Eroarome Martin Aregheore (prof.)
Eroarome Martin Aregheore (prof.)
15 de septiembre de 2011

Hi Rossi,
I have read your article and the feed formulation software will be a good tool for teaching feeds and feeding. If I may not be asking for too much from you, I will appreciate a free copy of the software on "An introduction to Least cost feed formulation” for teaching purposes. On the alternative, where can I get it to buy? Look forward to a reply 

Dr.D.Desinguraja
16 de septiembre de 2011

The Article is good. But Every thing with our Matrix Value in the Feed Formulation Software.

Kareem Mabrouk
9 de marzo de 2012
The author should present demo version.
Md. Zahangir Alom
30 de octubre de 2014
How can I get the software
Mritunjoy Paul
15 de mayo de 2016
The author should present demo version.
Mritunjoy Paul
15 de mayo de 2016
How can I get the software
Tariku Sefu Tufa
3 de noviembre de 2016
least cost feed formulation training very important for Africa and please develop the introduction of least-cost training martial for begner
Tariku Sefu Tufa
3 de noviembre de 2016
please to this soft ware
Obong`o Robert Ouko
26 de noviembre de 2016
for least cost formulation, I would go for MS Excel. It works magic for me. All these programmes used are nice, but for Excel its simple and anyone can master it.
mantesh sanjay parit
27 de julio de 2017
How i get software
Mohammed younis alrawi
15 de junio de 2020
mantesh sanjay parit, can l get a deno
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister