Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Cattle feed antibiotic use

Published: May 12, 2017
By: Saifullah Tareen

Can we use some antibiotics in cattle (milk and Beef Cows) feed to increase their resistance against generally prevailing problems. If yes, which antibiotics and at what dose?

Related topics
Authors:
Saifullah Tareen
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Alagbe olujimi John
24 de mayo de 2017
I personally do not encourage the use of antibiotics in Animals, but would advice that you use Phyto-biotics or incorporate certain medicinal plants such as Moringa olifera leaves, ginger powder, turmeric powder, garlic powder, Polyalthia longifolia leaves and so on.
Stephen Adejoro Dr
Soavet
12 de febrero de 2018
A very interesting topic ,and kudos for your efforts ,but kindly let me know your experiences on the effect of garlic on semen production ,be it in breeder Qual or in breeder male Broiler Nutraceaticals as alternate use to synthetic antibiotics as rightly preached b you I'd in line with modern practice to avoid residual antibiotics transfer from animal food products to man.Please from your experiences o the use of Ginger. Garlic and Tumeric as a cheaper replacement to synthetic antibiotics ,may you kindly share your experience on dosages earlier used by you and how you were able to ascertain that the products were efficacious We in Lifango will like to share your knowledge with our many community members Lifango is a knowledge capitalized NGO portal for farmers and researchers as well,and you may follow us on www.lifango.org I thank you for your initiative to open this topic from perspective of farmers in the tropical climate ,where antibiotics mid use and resistances is building up on the cost of health bills Congratulations
Clement Doyer
12 de febrero de 2018
I work with homeopathy, now for 28 years, on dairy cows. We replaced growth factors (antibiotics) a few years ago with homeopathic formulas in pigs. I don't think that antibiotics in prevention are the answer, I am convinced that it will bring its own problems, put the immune system to sleep, destroy the digestive system of ruminants, weaken the birds and put humans in danger. I give garlic daily to my dairy herd in Thailand, ticks are absent now, tick fever killed one of my healthy cows, I believe because I had stopped using garlic for a month. I will make provisions, my whole region grows garlic on all land, the time for picking it started these days. I also think that internal parasites are also repulsed by garlic. We are actually working on a new homeopathic formula for tick fever. The rest is prevention : drainage of filters, re-mineralization, stimulation of the immune system, the Solidago Method. A stronger herd.
Dr Piotr Stanislawski
dsm-firmenich
12 de febrero de 2018
Stephen, this is a "cattle" discussion, but shortly: for bird semen quality you should try to add 60ppm cantaxantin (Carophyll Red for egg yolk coloration) and 25-OH-D3 (eg.1500 iu equivalent). For breeder stock it works. If you need more info pls go to poultry forum or write me an email.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister