Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Your Herd’s Reproductive Status

Published: January 27, 2017
Summary
Maintaining a high level of reproductive efficiency is required if dairy herd profitability is to be maximized. Reproductive performance of a dairy herd is a function of certain management policies and how well these management policies are implemented in the day-today management of the herd. The first step in evaluating the reproductive performance is to identify key measurements and use them a...
Related topics
Authors:
Ray Nebel
Select Sires Inc.
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Joe Magadi
UFAC
31 de enero de 2017
Hi Ray, Many thanks for a comprehensive and yet well thought management information. I wonder if you could comment on critical aspects of nutrition and their impact on reproductive efficiency and health particularly in the transition period.
Mohan At Ease
2 de febrero de 2017
Wonderful categorization of problems we are aware of and fail to prioritize... Nutritional aspects need to be added to make it complete.
Satyaprasad Reddy Nimma
4 de febrero de 2017
Good categorisation of reproductive problems in this article but during early lactation animals may be in negative energy balance will not show heat symptoms so nutritional requirements including trace minerals supplementation also important,
Dr.harish Bhongade
19 de febrero de 2017

Very good categorizer of reproductive problems in field.

Mostafa Badri
7 de marzo de 2017
So many thanks.
Paul Ngugi
21 de abril de 2017
I don't who I offend if I would start a discussion that give cows the opportunity to mate and populate naturally. It's time we start treating cows as animals and all hell about acidosis , low fertility etc etc will go
Ali Husnain
24 de mayo de 2017
Article was excellent to evaluate the reproductive efficiency of dairy herd. Thank you Dr. Ray Nebel. I would like to ask question does all these parameters would be same for those herd experiencing more hot and humid weathers that of the averages? Kindly respond
Richard Obongekpe
12 de septiembre de 2019
Thanks for the information seen in your research. Can you comment nutrition cum age on reproduction?
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister