Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Principles of Conventional & Alternative Therapy in Mastitis: A Comprehensive Review

Published: April 29, 2015
Summary
Major advances in the fields of animal breeding, animal nutrition and husbandry practices have played a significant role in increasing the global milk yield over the last two decades meeting the overwhelming demand for milk and milk products. There have been continuous changes in the predominance of etiological of mastitis greater understanding of the host responses to intra-mammary infections an...
Related topics
Authors:
Dr. Zafar Ahmad
Natural Remedies Private Limited
Recommend
Comment
Yusuf Ziya Cakir
5 de mayo de 2015
Thanks Dr.Zafar for the beneficial artice As you concluded preventive measures is the key factor to reduce percentage of subclinic mastitis in dairy herds from vaccination to good hygiene and proper feeding. Subclinic mastitis is like iceberg we can not see accurately it's submerged part. Treated cows must be observed for a long time as an infection source.
Recommend
Anand C.Pade
11 de mayo de 2015
Dr.Zafar Sir. Thanks a lot for a very nice and useful information.
Recommend
Jasmer Singh
11 de mayo de 2015
Helllo Dr Zafar and others, I would like to suggest you to please go through our article published in 'Engormix' sometime ago entitled 'Pathobiology, etiology and treatment of mastitis in buffaloes" by KS Dhillon, Jasmer Singh from Punjab Agricultural University, College of Vety. Sciences, Ludhiana. This article provides details of the cause of mastitis and its radical cure/control in dairy animals. There are some pharmaceuticals which have come out with preparations for the control of mastitis. The basic cause of mastitis in dairy animals is the problem of citrate synthesis in the udder. The main functions of citrate in udder are: 1. Maintain normal pH (~6.50) of udder, 2. Sequester Calcium (Ca++) in milk and preserve the fluidity of milk. In citrate deficiency everything proceeding in concert goes haywire and the result is mastitis. This ailment can be effectively controlled by the administration of Trisodium citrate -30gms dissolved in about 100ml of water as a drench once daily till cure-which takes usually 3-4 days. The sterile solution of this salt can also be used I/V as 10 % given 50ml at a time followed by oral administration as mentined above. This treatment restores the normal pH and prevents flake formation which are the "Hallmarks" of mastitis. For any further discussion on any aspect of this economically most important disease any body is most welcome. Jasmer Singh Ph D
Recommend
cem ugurel
22 de junio de 2015
thank you very much for this information share my colleague....
Recommend
Abdul Qader Samsor
12 de agosto de 2015
Dear colleagues; it is really nice information and discussion on mastitis treatment and prevention that explained well. I would like to translate some parts for those of my colleagues who have language difficulties in English, on local language in My country / Afghanistan . thanks Dr. Abdul Qader Samsor
Recommend
Ahmed Salem
30 de octubre de 2015
Thanks a lot Dr. Dr. Zafar Ahmad & Dr. Garima Sinha for this valuable information.
Recommend
Dr.Virender Singh
4 de diciembre de 2015
Thanks
Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.