Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

A Pocket Guide To Ruminant Digestion

Published: December 12, 2013
Summary
  THE RUMINANT DIGESTIVE SYSTEM “Ruminant can convert Roughes into useful products “ How to achieve this? Due  to Different compartments of digestive tract. Reticulum              Rumen                  Omasum &n...
Related topics
Authors:
Farhan Ali
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Syed Hassan Raza
21 de diciembre de 2013
Feed first enters in Ruman. Ruman is the first compartment than reti comes. Feed goes in Ruman, returns back for regurgitation (mastication and swallowing)and goes back to reyticolum
Dr. Chandan Prasad
Cargill
14 de enero de 2014
I also agree with Mr. Raza. Beside this, I would like to say, that roughage digestion should be mentioned first than carbohydrate and protein, as ruminants are mainly fibre eating animals. It is not clear, whether it is meant for some educational program to vet students or farmers. If it is for farmers, rather than sticking to anatomy and physiology, this should contain feeding guidelines also.
ashu Adi
19 de julio de 2020
Dr. Chandan Prasad its true , i think the type of pronunciation used is a little rough too. please suggest practical guide
W. S. Gibson
11 de febrero de 2014
I think this is a good start to a practical guide to the ruminant digestive system and some common adverse conditions. I agree with the need to emphasize plant fiber digestion. I also think that making a more detailed description of the plant tissue and cell components would add to the level of understanding ruminant digestion for the reader.
Hajer
19 de enero de 2016

Could you please give more information about the use of 300 gr of magnesium oxide powder to treat acidosis?

Why powder form and do you think that 300 gr/ cows/day is not very high quantities that have a laxative effect on ruminants?

Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister