Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Optimization of feeding systems for dairy cattle (comparative analysis)

Published: June 20, 2007
Summary
Historically, national authorities have published feed evaluation systems to calculate supply and requirement of energy, protein, vitamins and minerals. The main purpose has been to help farmers achieve target milk yields at minimum cost. Today, our goals are more varied: outputs of dairy farming include milk quality, cow health and environmental impact. Control of nitrogen efficiency is one exa...
Related topics
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Ianes Traian
20 de junio de 2007
Very interesting article. Mysef, I was confronted with difficulties when I needes to make a ration for dairy, and I tried to use different information sources and specifications of raw materials. In Romania, in the past especially, we used the Russian system for evaluating energy and protein, like UN for energy = energy of 1 kg barley and PBD = crude protein digestible. In the present, we use the French system, but not everybody understands it very well. If I need to use the nutritional value of main forages, I meet difficulties, because the same forages has different units of energy and protein. Unification, in an unique unit method, will help nutritionists and farmers. All who can contribute on this will be welcome. Eng. Ianes
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister