Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Dermatophytosis in cows

Zinc and selenium status in cows with dermatophytosis

Published: April 14, 2011
Summary
Abstract Dermatophytosis (ringworm), an infection of the superficial keratinized structures of the skin and hair, is the most common contagious skin disease in cattle. The infectious diseases caused by dermatophytes are mainly related to the enzymes product by these fungi. Conversely, elements such as zinc and selenium are involved in the regulation of immune res...
Related topics
Authors:
G. A. Kojouri
Shahrekord University
Follow
Mahbobeh Zaheri
Shahrekord University
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Ala Eldin Ahmed
Ala Eldin Ahmed
18 de abril de 2011
Thank you I thing its useful , the results were convecive . in Sudan especially in the dry season we notes many causes so the treatment blus adding minerals give a good result
Hafiz Wasi Muhammad Khan
18 de abril de 2011
Minerals play a very important role in keeping animals disease free.A continous use of proper mineral mixture will always keep animal healthy in different climatic conditions. This article addresses role of some minerals which is good and credit goes to the authors
Dr.P.George Kunju John
19 de abril de 2011
Dear Doctor, It is interesting to note the observation of dermatitis. Can we infer that the noted dermatits was a fungal infestation which was further advanced owing to the deficiency of selenium and zinc. I shall appreciate your confirmation. There is another observation of dermatitis and nail necrosis which was attributed to selenium toxicity. A faulty feeding of urea which results in the toxic formation of methionine in the microbial protein synthesis is noticed. This has been attributed to sulfur deficiency. The incorporation of sulfur in feed corrects it. Can you comment on it? Dr.PGK John
karunakaran
12 de mayo de 2011
Dear Doctor, it,s a nice observation impicating Zn and Se in fungal dematitis. However, their molecular mechanism needs to be elucidated. Dr.KarunakaranR Professor - Animal Nutrition Madras Veterinary College Chennai - 600 007 INDIA
Hafiz Wasi Muhammad Khan
12 de mayo de 2011
I was looking for some better words to comment on the article. Dr K John has perfectly narrated what I wanted to add. Thanks Dr John and thanks to the author for such findings
Sai Kishore Shastry
15 de mayo de 2011
Minerals play a very important role in keeping animals disease free.A continous use of proper mineral mixture will always keep animal healthy in different climatic conditions. This article addresses role of some minerals which is good and credit goes to the authors.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister