Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

metabolic energy for cattle

Forum: Metabolic energy for dairy cattle

Published: May 16, 2011
By: Duygu Ekin

Hi Has anybody known that metabolic energy for dairy cattle which is generated by Cornell Universty?

Related topics
Authors:
Duygu Ekin
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Brian Sievert
18 de mayo de 2011

Interesting question about Metabolic energy for dairy cattle. I use the CNCPS model from Cornell, Penn State and MIner institute. The program works well --often times it will give you insight to what will happen in your herd if you know how to watch the numbers that it computes. I have used it for about three years now. It does calculate for net energy and metabolizable energy levels.

Dr.P.George Kunju John
19 de mayo de 2011
Dear Sir, I have gone through CNCPS computer program and has found several problems in executing. They advised me to wait till they perfect it. It would assist to evaluate the formula with its massive data bank. However it can't compute a ration or feed. may be they will perfect it. The only energy unit that could be accepted for formulation today is ME even though it has enough limitations for ruminanats. The energy availability also controls the rumen metabolism. The end products of rumen fermentation varies and therefore the ME may also vary. The actual derivation of ATP controls the microbeal cell production. The new technology of bypass fat, starch and sucrose has to be considerd for ME at the lower tract. Any way it would be better than old TDN method. I was trying to estimate GE through bomb calorimeter for feed and feaces to calculate the energy retained. It is then compared with the enery utilised for production and growth. Any way a better method that is reproducable in ordinary lab would be a break through in ruminant nutrition
Mustafa ozmisir
19 de mayo de 2011
http://jas.fass.org/content/70/11/3578.full.pdf
Duygu Ekin
7 de junio de 2011
Thank you very much. I think I need to buy this programme to use this formula. I have tried to download it many times but I couldn't make it run. I need to find the metabolic energy formula for dairy cattle a.s.p. If anybody help me, I would be glad.
Lin mg linn
3 de septiembre de 2019
If it is ok I want to know how to control metabolic energy for dairy cattle?
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister