Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

High production dairy cattle

Forum: High Production Dairy Cow Feeding. Total Mixed Ration

Published: April 20, 2010
By: María Giovanardi

Dear Users,
This is an interesting forum from our Spanish community, generated by Joaquin A. Paulino from República Dominicana:

Feeding and management of high producing dairy cows is a challenge in any area of the world regardless of the type of food or facilities available. The high producing cows can vary their milk production from one area to another. Some breeds produce more milk than others and in each breed animals are more productive than others. A high producing cow is one that in the first six months of lactation produced more than 11, 364 kg (25,000 lbs.) Milk.

Gunderson, Wisconsin 1992. found that high production herds with similar food used as a total mixed ration TMR:

FODDER
-Corn silage
-Hay

GRAINS AND CONCENTRATES
-Roasted Soy
-High moisture corn
-Soybean meal
-Byproducts distillery
-Moisture Malta
- Mixed animal byproducts
-Animal bait.
-Whole cottonseed

NUTRITIONAL CONTENT OF RATIONS:

Crude Protein 18.1 to 21.9
Undegradable protein, PND 34.8 to 40.7
Net energy for lactation, NEL 1.65 Mcal / kg
Neutral Detergent Fiber, NDF 24.6 to 29.6
Starch 37.1 to 43.3
Dry matter intake, MS 23.4 a 26.3 kg / day.

Related topics
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Hafiz Wasi Muhammad Khan
23 de abril de 2010

This is a wonderful article about the high production dairy cow Feeding. I do not have any reason to suspect the expertese of the author rather to appreciate his efforts to share his experience. In my country any farmer getting 3600kg milk in Ist six months is considered to be one of the best farmers and claiming to get more than 3 times more yield in the same period is a fantastic work done.I will like the author to share more information in the interest of world farming community regarding informations of breed, climatic conditions of the specific area and management practices to achieve such encouraging results.

Krishan Agarwal
15 de diciembre de 2010

the information on feeding for high yielder dairy cow is appreciable.but regarding mineral mixture,vitamin addition and bye pass fat addition and important management practices adopted in such cases would be worth knowing.may i request the authore to please give us further details.thank you for sharing the valuable information.

Dr.Durgesh Gupta
9 de febrero de 2011

Good article about the high production dairy cow feeding,for high yielder these combination should be of well worth,but as for as small farmer is concern, availability of all listed ingredients is many time found compromised. 

Regards
Dr.Durgesh Gupta
ABIS,India

Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister