Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Buffalo breeds in india

Breeds of cattle and buffalo in India

Published: November 13, 2012
Summary
A breed is a group of related animals with similar characters like general appearance, size, features and configuration etc. Often, breeds resemble each other with slight morphological differences, but because of constant inbreeding in one locality, independent breeds have evolved. In general, the cattle from drier regions are well built and those from heavy rainfall areas, coastal and hilly regi...
Related topics:
Authors:
Tufail Banday
Sher-e-Kashmir University of Agricultural Sciences and Technology of Kashmir
Dr. H. Hamadani
Sher-e-Kashmir University of Agricultural Sciences and Technology of Kashmir
Recommend
Comment
Dr. N.r.sarker
20 de noviembre de 2012
Very good concise information which help researchers, academician and others as reference materials. Dr. N.R. Sarker Bangladesh
Recommend
Subodh Kumar
20 de noviembre de 2012
This is an excellent compilation about cattle wealth of India . To make it more authentic it is requested that references may also be provided for the basis on which this data has been sourced..
Recommend
Sudhakar Chousalkar
Exotic Biosolutions
20 de noviembre de 2012
This is an excellent article giving information on breeds of India with nice clear photographs.The writers deserve congrats for this effort which will be helpful for all who want to know about Indian breeds. Fresh efforts should be made by all concerned to encourage the breeding of these breeds Dr.Sudhakar Chousalkar
Recommend
Dr Muhammad Ramzan
22 de noviembre de 2012

A good article with reasonable good details. applauded. Please correct data regarding breedable animals in indiginous cattle.

Recommend
Megz Dawn
22 de mayo de 2013

i've read in an old article that before in the Philippines, it import cows. i'm not just so sure from what country they imported cows but it was either from Australia or New Zealand. i guess it was intended to acquired cows from those two countries as they have a high breed type of cows.

where to buy sound cloud followers

Recommend
Dr. Saad Alhayani
21 de junio de 2014
I would like to more about indian buffaloes and why the Italian breeders are producing better milk production per head and most buffloes they have are originary Murrah
Recommend
asif ahmad
23 de octubre de 2014
can u pleaseget me few more pics of buffalo
Recommend
Dr. Saad Alhayani
23 de octubre de 2014
hi,i am really very much interested in buffalo .I would like to have more information about Indian buffaloes since i have a buffalo dairy farm in Egypt
Recommend
anil patel
31 de diciembre de 2014
hi im planning to arrange dairy farm in my area i would to like know more about buffaloes and their production if any one can help me please feel free to contact me anil.kings50@gmail.com i want to buy buffaloas
Recommend
satish
16 de enero de 2015
Sir i want start buffalo (dairy) bussiness so plz give me suggition about how to buy the best buffalo & how much have to invest to start bisuness with 10 buffalos my native is west godavari (AndhraPradesh) i want start my bisuness in my hime town so plz give me ur valuble sugesstion. Thanking u sir Satish ..
Recommend
Dr. Saad Alhayani
17 de enero de 2015
Hi in order to give correct advice i need to know many parameter like: 1.price of pregnant buffalo heifer 2 . price of milking buffalo and the season of milking 3 . price of the raw milk (farm gate price )and if there is different price for the milk if it is hand milking or machine milking and if it is warm milk or cold milk 4.the price of feed raw materials and there availability 5.Average cost for man power building energy and all other parameters involved in the cost of this operation 6.Do you have any experience in buffalo dairy operation 7.what it is the average milk production for the milking buffaloes 1st 2nd 3rd and successive season 8. Any other information available From my side i will with pleasure send a complete study for your project as soon as I get the whole information Good luck
Recommend
priyanshu shukla
22 de enero de 2015
Sir / madam plz tell me tha contact no of holesaler dealear of the cow and beffelows i want to open a dariy faram ....and also tell me which breed is best for bisuness perpouss Priyanshushukla58@gmail.com
Recommend
Cliff Bard
10 de febrero de 2015
How much does it cost to purchase a water buffalo for milk for an orphanage in India?
Recommend
Mohammad Iqbal
31 de mayo de 2015
Hello sir I m iqbal from lucknow u.p. sir I want start dairy for milk in lucknow. PLES SIR SUGGEST ME WHICH TYPE BUFFALO SUCCESS IN DAIRY FARM.
Recommend
Mohammad Iqbal
31 de mayo de 2015
Yes
Recommend
Kishor Honnamani
26 de junio de 2018

Which types of breeds are useful for milk production in South India and which types of breeds are more effective for more milk production in South India?

Recommend
Eduardo Espinoza
19 de marzo de 2020

Congratulations, a good information source about breeds. Could you give us more about trends and investigation on genetic-selection improvement efforts?

Jorge Espinoza
Guatemala

Recommend
Dr. N.r.sarker
21 de marzo de 2020
very good article on information in livestock breeds
Recommend
Pavan Kumar
13 de marzo de 2021
Hii Sir/Madam I want to start a dairy farm in my city Vijayawada (ANDHRA PRADESH) Give me some suggestions to which type of buffalo give best results in milking and low maintenance
Recommend
Satyajit Satapathy
Elanco
22 de marzo de 2021
Hello Pavan Kumar , If you want to start a buffalo farm, among Indian buffaloes, Murrah breed is the best in terms of production and profitability.
Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.