Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Vaccine To Fight Prawn Disease Discovered

Published: March 9, 2009
Summary
A Universiti Malaya Professor has discovered an edible stimulant vaccine to fight White Spot Syndrome Virus (WSSV), a serious shrimp disease which causes losses amounting to billions of US dollars annually. Professor Dr Phang Siew Moi, who is leading the research on the vaccine, said it could trigger the immune system in penaeid prawns towards the WSSV, using the VP28 viral coat protein that cou...
Related topics
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Zulfiquer Jahangir
3 de enero de 2017
Dear Professor Phang: Happy new year and congratulations for developing a vaccine for WSSV VP28. I am a biotechnologist, an educator and a researcher. I would like to know if you made additional development since your success in 2009. I am interested to know more about it and possible future co-operation and collaboration on this area. Looking forward to hear from you more. Sarwar Jahangir, Ph.D. Director Biotechnology Program Kingsborough Community College The City University of New York.
Chinta venkatesh
3 de enero de 2017
Respected sir I am venkatesh I interest know about WSSV vaccine VP28 how is it work against WSSV if you intrast please tell New sir
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister