Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Mineral mix for vannamei shrimp

Inclusion of a mineral premix for low-salinity culture of Litopenaeus vannamei

Published: November 8, 2010
Summary
The white shrimp Litopenaeus vannamei has widely replaced Penaeus monodon as the cultured species. One of the reasons for this change is the fact that L. vannamei can be cultured in higher densities and with a lower exchange of water, which increases the bio-security. L. vannamei is a euryhaline species and can be cultured in salinities from 0 to 50ppt, although the best growth is ...
Related topics
Authors:
Eric De Muylder
CreveTec
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Nehru Eslavath
5 de septiembre de 2013
Litopenaeus vannamei culture in different salinity along with mineral premix related articles
gopalakrishna vejju
26 de enero de 2015
I want to know one thing about white cut
Radha Krishna
11 de noviembre de 2020
gopalakrishna vejju ya one thing u do I'm 100%sure just mix cheap alcohol in feed supplement for 2days Per kg 10grams use within 2days the white gut whill not be there
Hemanandhan Reddy
19 de mayo de 2015
I whould like to know about white gut and white masials in vannamei shrimp culture
Dr P V S V Prasada Rao
17 de agosto de 2015

I am a consultant scientist, aquaculture with 31 years field experience,did my Ph.d in fisheries in1987,Proprietor of Indo Aqua Technologies feed mill at visakhapatnam ,India.Please call me for any quaries in grow out culture, nutrition, hatchery problems etc.

premnath v
20 de septiembre de 2015

Hi. How can i solve whitecut problems in prawn?

prashant naik
13 de septiembre de 2016
Adding minerals in feed, but observed no much growth in low saline water. Wht could be d dose of mineral/kg ?
Suresh Varma
9 de marzo de 2017
Low saline water which minerals used in pond water and which minerals feed mixing
G S RATH
17 de mayo de 2018
Yes It is very much essential to supplement Min Mix in feed mostly in low saline shrimp culture farming.Minerals should be supplemented on weekly basis.During initial days of culture the dosage will be low compare to peak culture days(>70 Days).In low salinity conditions the availability of minerals are less compare to high saline water. Mineral mixture supplement is more important during moulting period of shrimp,farmer need to have a record of his pond shrimp moulting cycle to get a best result during application of minerals. Hepatopencreas in shrimp plays a prominent role in transport of these minerals during and after moulting cycle in the pond. Before the mouting cycle starts in shrimp the hepatopencreas collects maximum minerals from the pond water and stores with in once the moulting is over it releases back the minerals to body to harden the new soft shell this process takes 8-10 Hr,during this time the weak shrimp reduces the feed intake. So it is essential to supplement mineral regularly depending on the carrying capacity of soil and age of pond. Pls do not interlink white gut to Mineral suppliment both are different. White gut in shrimps are basically due to grigerine parasites or bacterial load in gut. These bacteria and parasites damage the gut lining tissue which appears as white past like and comes out as fecal matters. White gut in shrimp culture ponds are due to high organic load. This need to be drained periodically from pond bottom to control WHITE GUT.
Eric De Muylder
CreveTec
17 de mayo de 2018
There is really no point to add just minerals in feed, and it is a complete waste of money to coat the minerals on the feed. Most of the minerals will leach out of the feed and solve in water. The whole point of my research is to add a specific mix of minerals which do not solve so quicly so shrimp can benefit from it. Best regards, Eric eric@crevetec.be
G S RATH
17 de mayo de 2018
Coating mineral adding a binder to feed is not advisable as this will leachout after some time once put in water. Shrimp hold 2-3 pellets of feed and nibble after completing the same looks for next pellet. My comment in previous discussion is not to add in feed but to add in water periodically weekly once. A good amount of mineral is supplemented through feed formulation.
Kamal Kant
10 de julio de 2018

Which mineral is best for venamei farming?

Chetan Patel
14 de marzo de 2019
Which mineral is best for venamei farming?
A. WALTER MOTHA
10 de abril de 2021

Which mineral is the best?

Jose Kumar
18 de junio de 2021
How much mineral to add 1000000 litre water in ponds .At 10.ppt. salinity.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister