Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Harmful Effects on Toxin Dinoflagellates in Shrimp Culture Ponds

Published: March 20, 2014
Summary
Phytoplankton are the key food item in both aquaculture and mariculture. Both systems are utilizing phytoplankton as food for the animals being farmed. In aquaculture, phytoplankton must be obtained and developed artificially through various adapted procedures. The plankton population in form of desirable bloom undertaken throughout the culture period as part of best pond management practice. Phy...
Related topics
Authors:
Dr. Prakash Chandra Behera
International Health Care Limited
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Honey Venki
29 de noviembre de 2014
If vannamei pond affected In vibriosis (antenna cut)50% , and the pond water colour is red brown,how to control vibriosis &how to change water colour? immediately
Christopher Hettiarachchi
2 de marzo de 2015
02.03.2015 Dear Mr. Prakash Chandra Behera Kindly throw some more light on the followings; What are the most commonest toxin producing dinoflagellates found in shrimp ponds (Peneus monodon & P.vennamei) in India? Do you often experience toxin producing dinoflagellate blooms? What are the luminescence dinoflagellates in shrimp ponds? We here in Sri Lanka, some times experience luminescence dinoflagellates with dips in production performances but not toxin producing dianoflagellatrtes. More than the mechanical injuries by the the cell wall processes of the diatom Chaetocerus which are brown algae, usually bloom in shrimp ponds at higher salinities, it is the organic matter that begins to decay after an algal crash that causes problems.
Dipal Patel
18 de abril de 2015
Namaste sir. How much ferrous sulfate apply in pond.
Ram mohan rao
11 de octubre de 2015
Sir, What is the best method to control dark green colour water during culture period. About 80-90doc
Ram mohan rao
11 de octubre de 2015
Dear prakash Chandra behera, Can you give detail explain about how ferrous sulfate and ferric chloride work on dinoflagellate blooms
Nill Sopno
1 de julio de 2016
How to control plankton in shrimp pond without changing water in semi intensive culture
Jamni Inar
4 de enero de 2018
Use minerals r probiotic
Praveen kumar
22 de octubre de 2016

What kind of algae plays key role on white fecal problem?

prudhviraju
2 de diciembre de 2016
In my pond prawns are converted colour to red and 2 or 3 days after they becomes dead what can i do water depth is 3½ feet and mud is ½ feet pond is 5 acrs and prawns are max 3 to 4 lks i experts
Jamni Inar
4 de enero de 2018
Sir it is low Do problem and high nitrate so immediately use related minerals r probiotic
Siddhesh Sambrekar
27 de diciembre de 2016
In one of my pond water color is full of blackish brown ? Even pH fluctuation in a day in almost 0.8-1. I had applied zeolite products,liming but too it's not changing . And weekly 40cm water exchange is going on and with that within week 10-15hours flow through . Daily around 12hrs sludge removing . But too water color is not changing . Why? What can I do for this ? Any solutions ?
Jamni Inar
4 de enero de 2018
Brown colour is gud but below 150- 200 CFUso give water to lab test tell ur Technician
Bishnu mohan sahoo
1 de marzo de 2017

Sir, in one of my pond water colour is back brown. How to prepare for catching blooms?

Girish G Menon
8 de abril de 2017
Is there any possibility of frequent dinoflagellate blooms causing low survival rates and retarded growth in the shrimp ponds?. Can the toxic effect the of dinoflagellates can cause disproper functioning of hepatpancreas in shrimp juveniles or adults. Do diniflagettates have any role in the slow growth syndrome nowadays commonly seen during the culture of P. Monodon .
Jamni Inar
4 de enero de 2018
How to control red algal blooms
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister