Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Poultry-by Product as Feedstuff in Tilapia Diets

Evaluation of Poultry-by Product as Feedstuff in the Diets of Nile Tilapia

Published: March 22, 2012
Summary
ABSTRACT The present study was performed to investigate the effect of feeding different levels of poultry by-product meal as untraditional ration constituents on fish performance, and apparent digestion coefficients. A total number of 90 apparent healthy Nile tilapia fingerlings were randomly distributed into 5 groups, each of 18. The first group was considered as a control (T1) and was fed ad-...
Related topics
Authors:
Elsayed Mickdam
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Kubiriza K. Godfrey
29 de marzo de 2012

Hi Mr. Elsayed, thank you for the posting about the evaluation of Poultry-by Product as Feedstuff in the Diets of Nile Tilapia. However, in the abstract where you say ''There were no significant (P<0.05) differences'', the ''<'' sign is wrongly used. It would have been P>0.05. While the subject is necessary, the absence of replication and the small n used makes one question the ability of this study to detect a truly existing difference amongst treatments.
Thank you.
Kubiriza k. Godfrey

Mir Raisuzzaman
10 de abril de 2012

Dear Sir, 

Good article about the evaluation of Poultry-by Product as Feedstuff in the Diets of Nile Tilapia. With due respect I want to know what are the affect on water quality parameter by replacement of poultry by product meal. 

Thanking you
Mir Raisuzzaman

Elsayed Mickdam
10 de abril de 2012

Thank you for your interest but our work is on the nutritive value and we don´t measure the water quality as water changed every day and also we use filters to avoid stress of water pollution by anything

Christopher Hettiarachchi
Maxies
19 de abril de 2012

Dear Dr. Elsayed Mickdam, Good work, Did the poultry by product meal include feathers? It would have been very much interesting if you had done chemical analysis of flesh as the results of your work hints involvement of some fat metabolisms as well.

Elsayed Mickdam
19 de abril de 2012

Dear Christopher Hettiarachchi, thank you for your question, poultry byproduct meal contain feather and concerning flesh analysis the research includes protein deposition and energy deposition of fish in all treatments but we did not include it in the paper.

Christopher Hettiarachchi
Maxies
20 de abril de 2012

In our poultry operation, we produce feather meal and offal meal separately and if I am to formulate a feed for Tilapia, what would be the maximum inclusion rate of feather meal with offal meal in the diet?

Elsayed Mickdam
20 de abril de 2012

Thank you for your interest, but in my research I use combination of both feather and offals with offals domenant. I dont know what is the percentage of both as the factory in my town do not produce them separatedly

Francesc Rubio Gracia
1 de septiembre de 2015
Dear Elsayed Mickdam, Congratulations for your work! I would like to find the reference or article of your work but unfortunatly I have not been able to find it on internet and database. I'm doing a project about the tilapia and its nutritional requirements and I think that your results are very interesting. How I could reference your work and team in my project? Thank you very much!
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister