Bactocell is a concentrated live lactic acid-producing bacteria specifically selected to enhance the nutrition and health of monogastrics. Bactocell transforms certain non-digestible nutrients into large quantities of lactic acid (L+) to regulate microbial ecosystems. Bactocell bolsters the microbial ecosystem, reinforces gut functionality and decreases undesirable bacteria through lactic acid (L+) generation.
Bactocell is a concentrated formulation specifically for premix, meal feed and liquid feeding systems. Bactocell ® is a lactic acid producing bacteria Pediococcus acidilactici (MA18/5M) registered and authorized in the EU as a zootechnical feed additive for piglets and fattening pigs (E1712).
Bactocell performs three modes of action:
• Strengthening Microbial Ecosystem: More lactic acid population through in the intestine will generate a decrease of pH - making the gut an undesirable environment for pathogens.
• Reinforcing Gut Functionality: Alkosel improves the maturity of the intestine and increases feed digestibility in your hog.
• Decreases Undesirable Bacteria: Alkosel reinforces the natural defenses of an animal by inhibiting the colonization of pathogens.
Bactocells benefits on pig application are:
- Bactocell colonizes the liquid feed system to better control fermentation and to secure hygiene of the liquid feed.
- As a probiotic bacteria, Bactocell creates a positive environment to restore microflora balance in the intestine of the animals so they can safely achieve optimal production performances : reduced mortality rate, increased ADWG, better feed efficiency.