SeoFoss is a slurry additive comprising a carefully selected mixture of special minerals providing an excellent ionexchange effect. The ingredients in SeoFoss have the finest particle sizes in the market, which provides an excellent effect by enlarging the particles’ surface area and enhancing ion exchange. SeoFoss works by exchanging negatively and positively charged ions. This binds the ammonia in the slurry. In doing so, the product serves as a buffer in the slurry and minimises fertilizer leaching. The high ion-exchange effect also limits the odour of slurry and in doing so limits the amount of ammonia vapour. SeoFoss also has an excellent effect on the slurry by giving it a more homogeneous mass.
The product has already been tried and tested in several pig herds and cattle herds with excellent results in terms of homogeneity, odour and ammonia-binding qualities. Our product has also been included in SEGES’ nationwide trials in Denmark where SEGES is studying the product’s nitrogenbinding properties and seeing whether it can increase crop yield per hectare. The particle surface area of SeoFoss is larger than other products, which improves the homogenisation effect.
- Easy and secure handling of slurry
- Better homogeneity
- Binds N
- Reduces smell
- Easy to use
- Floating crust on slurry tanks
- Facilitates work processes
Why use Seofoss?
There are many good reasons for using SeoFoss. You are going to obtain up to 1.4 kg more total N in the slurry by using SeoFoss all year round in the animal housing. SeoFoss makes the slurry more homogeneous and thus providing a better flow in the channels. The smell is also markedly reduced, because ammonia is bound to the slurry. Furthermore the slurry is much easier to handle, which provides labour savings.
- SeoFoss binds nitrogen in the slurry and thus providing a better fertilizer value
- SeoFoss makes the slurry more homogeneous and the crops are therefore supplied with a consistent slurry
- SeoFoss reduces odour nuisances by binding nitrogen to the slurry. This results in a better environment outdoor as well as indoor for the benefit of both animals and humans
- SeoFoss provides labour savings
Effect in Biogas plants
SeoFoss – essential in the biogas plant
- Assisting the bacteria function – thus increasing the gas production
- Easier stirring in the tanks and thus saving energy
- Helps avoiding floating crust
- Reduces and binds ammonia
- Improves the plant finances
- 100% natural product
- Harmless for humans, biogas plants and environment
Homogenising of the slurry
SeoFoss works like a surfactant on the slurry by enhancing the binding of organic molecules to water. This makes the slurry more homogeneous and, thus, easier to manage.
SeoFoss ensures a stable, high level of biogas production
Biogas bacteria live in small, protected, layered colonies comprising different types of bacteria. The top bacterial layer hydrolyses and breaks down organic material to release substrates containing energy. The next bacterial layer is responsible for fermenting the substrates containing energy. Volatile fatty acids are formed in this layer and broken down by the innermost bacterial layer into acetic acid, which then decomposes into methane gas.
The vigorous stirring process at a biogas plant destroys the bacterial colonies and can possibly eliminate the innermost bacterial layer, whichproduces the methane gas. This could lower the overall production of biogas. SeoFoss has a very large surface area with many cavities.The cavities give these sensitive bacteria a protected growth environment where the layered bacterial colonies can grow without being destroyed by the stirring process.