The Allen D. Leman Swine Conference organizing committee invites abstract proposals for this conference from students and others in the following thematic areas:
- Viral Disease
- Bacterial Disease
Posters will be presented twice. The first presentation will be during the Opening Reception on Sunday evening, September 17, at the InterContinental Saint Paul Riverfront Hotel. Then the presenting author will move their posters to the Saint Paul RiverCentre on Monday, September 18, for the main conference.
Authors will be notified if their abstract is accepted for poster presentation by July 31. Authors will be notified if their abstract is accepted for oral presentation by August 7. Selected abstracts will also be chosen for oral presentations on Sunday afternoon, September 17, at the Research Highlights session, 3:00−5:00 p.m. at the Saint Paul RiverCentre.
Abstract guidelines and instructions
- Clearly describe the work, maximum of one page; include a descriptive title, and list all authors and their affiliations in a Word document.
- Abstracts must include the following: Materials, Methods, Results and Conclusions.
- Only up-to-date developments and new research will be accepted. Abstracts that contain information that has been presented previously (recently) will not be considered.
- The presenting author must register for the conference and be present during the Opening Reception on Sunday, September 17 to discuss his/her poster with conference attendees. Failure to attend the opening reception with your poster will disqualify you from future abstract submissions. Those also selected for an oral presentation must be at the Sunday Research Highlights session.
- All submissions will be reviewed and judged based on scientific merit.
- Abstract submission ends July 9.
- Presenting authors will be notified if their abstract is accepted for poster presentation and oral presentation by July 31.