Beyond Mycotoxins, Endotoxins control in Pigs
Date of Birth: December 21st, 1965
Marital Status: Married
- Ph D Animal Science Michigan State University, USA, 1999.
- Masters Animal Science Michigan State University, USA, 1995.
- D.V.M. Univ. Autónoma Barcelona, Spain, 1990.
- Grad Course Business Administration Les Heures, Universitat de Barcelona, Spain.
- Languages Spanish, English, Catalan.
- Technical Support and Regulatory Affairs Manager SPECIAL NUTRIENTS Inc, Miami, USA . Mycotoxin binders and organic growth promoters.
June 2006 – Present day.
In charge of Technical Support for Europe, Middle East and Asia. Duties include training of distributors on Special Nutrients products, updating technical literature, coordination of experimental trials to test our products under local conditions, to develop software to help promotion of our products, analyzing current industry trends to help with development of new products.
In charge of Regulatory Affairs for registration of products in the European Union.
- Technical Support and Quality Manager SIATAG SL Feed additives manufacturer
November 2001 – May 2006
In charge of Tech Support and Quality Control. The duties included coordination of commercial and technical networks, in charge of regulatory affaires to keep up with current registration laws, to maintain technical literature, and the implementation of ISO 9000 in the company.
- Technical Support and Sales Manager for Latin America
Industrial Kern, Barcelona – Miami (USA) September 99 – November 2001
Responsible for the introduction of new products in Latin America. Coordination of technical and sales network for clients and distributors, and updating technical literature for Indukern products.
- Research Assist. and Assistant to the State Extension Swine Specialist.
Michigan State University April 1991- June 1999
Research of Masters and PhD programs, support to the Swine Extension Specialist to assist local producers, in charge of laboratory practices for “Swine Nutrition” and “Swine Production” courses.
- Manager of Production Plant and Laboratory
SIATAG SL, Sant Celoni, Spain June 90 - March 91
In charge of planning the production schedule and the quality control laboratory.
- Ph D: “Vaccination against endogenous Cholecystokinin (CCK) to improve gilts’ reproductive performance”. Immunization of gilts against CCK to try to improve feed consumption, reproductive efficiency and to pass passive immunity to piglets to improve their growth rate.
- Masters: “Use of Composting as an alternative way of dead swine disposal”.
- Licensed Veterinarian in Col.legi Oficial de Veterinaris de Barcelona, Spain.
- Member of American Society of Animal Science ASAS.